PDA

View Full Version : GTA: San Andreas questions

Sincere
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Ive only completed like 2 missions. How do you get to the gym? I cant find it, does it have to be unlocked? Same w/ other places like bars/clubs and clothing stores? How do you find them, they dont show up on my map, do they have to be unlocked through completing missions?

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah, a lot of them open up after your brother Sweet tells you about them. The gym should open up soon, same with Binco.

liquidboss
10-28-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do they have to be unlocked through completing missions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you do a few more of the missions and you will start getting ragged for your skinny ass and lame clothes. They will tell you where the gym and clothing stores are.

B00T
10-28-2004, 04:10 PM
www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com)

enjoy

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 04:21 PM
I was on there last night and there was only one faq on there, and even that one was only maybe 1/8 done.

sluttysteve
10-28-2004, 05:20 PM
You'd have to browse the message boards to get any sort of relevant info.

Anyway, gym's a few blocks west of your house, once it opens up it's marked by a little dumbell sign.

I think about this game all day at work, ugh...

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think about this game all day at work, ugh...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised any of you are at work. Cracka, I thought you'd at least be home sick with a "cold" or something.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
dude, my boss is about to burst(she is pregnant). It wouldn't be cool to call in sick, plus its just a game, a damn [censored] awesome game, but a game none the less.

Sincere
10-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Just got the gym to open up, time to hit the weights and get thick.

liquidboss
10-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Only problem with this game is that it is taking away from my poker time. I really need to cut out work so I can have time for both my hobbies.

PITTM
10-28-2004, 07:59 PM
my guy has full muscles and ive played for like 3 hours total, too easy in that department. however, all of my other attributes are pretty much 0. at this point, all i really care about at this point is going to vegas and gambling. i tried to cars can drive on water cheat and drove over the river to vegas but was immediately given a 4 star cop rating for leaving town. lame.

Lawrence Ng
10-28-2004, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on there last night and there was only one faq on there, and even that one was only maybe 1/8 done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, EB was still sold out where I live.. gonna have to wait still..

ArchAngel71857
10-28-2004, 08:54 PM
all i really care about at this point is going to vegas and gambling.

Find the Off track betting

-AA

mmbt0ne
10-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Don't worry, those muscles start to go away real fast when you haven't eaten in a while. It's actually more work for me now to keep the muscles than it was to get them.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 02:08 AM
the off track betting is actually an easy way to make money, just keep at it and bet on the long shots., eventually they win.

nolanfan34
10-29-2004, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the off track betting is actually an easy way to make money, just keep at it and bet on the long shots., eventually they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that +EV? Does Sklansky play GTA, and can he weigh in on this?

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that +EV? Does Sklansky play GTA, and can he weigh in on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
who knows, its really addictive though.

ArchAngel71857
10-29-2004, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, those muscles start to go away real fast when you haven't eaten in a while. It's actually more work for me now to keep the muscles than it was to get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

get about 30% fat. when you dont eat for a while, your body will just burn fat until its gone, then it iwll burn muscle. soo all you have to do is eat a salad every now and then and go to the gym adn throw up 320 a couple times with Under Armor on. WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

-AA

nolanfan34
10-29-2004, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

get about 30% fat. when you dont eat for a while, your body will just burn fat until its gone, then it iwll burn muscle. soo all you have to do is eat a salad every now and then and go to the gym adn throw up 320 a couple times with Under Armor on. WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone explain to me how doing all this lifting weights and eating and other boring [censored] is fun? I just don't get it.

bugstud
10-29-2004, 03:13 AM
you must not like either A) the olympics games or B) RPG's

nicky g
10-29-2004, 07:09 AM
I suppose it's too much to hope you can play poker in the Vegas-style city? That would be cool.

craig r
10-29-2004, 07:53 AM
No poker (except for video)

craig

ArchAngel71857
10-29-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone explain to me how doing all this lifting weights and eating and other boring [censored] is fun? I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you eve play the Sims?

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
well, it all helps your guy out. The stronger he is, the harder he punches, plus you can learn new fighting moves. The more stamina he has, the longer he can run, swim, ride a bike. Eating food is only one of the few ways to replinish your health. Tatoos, clothes, and haircuts all improve your sex appeal and respect. Respect is very important because you can recruit gangs members that will follow you around and cap rival gang memeber.

Sincere
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all i really care about at this point is going to vegas and gambling. i tried to cars can drive on water cheat and drove over the river to vegas but was immediately given a 4 star cop rating for leaving town. lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if this will work but there is a cheat code to reduce your wanted level it is:

R1, R1, O, R2, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down

What is the cheat code to get the cars that can drive on water? I want to go to Vegas too.

Sincere
10-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I know what you mean.

Sincere
10-29-2004, 05:52 PM
...Can somebody please tell me what is up with killing the drug dealers? I heard that if you kill a drug dealer you get $2000, but I cant seem to find any anywhere. The place I read this at says drug dealers where black jackets and stand around, but all I see that fits that discription is the ballers and I keep killing them but no $2000. Anybody know about this?

daveymck
10-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Well I joined the gang today, just came out here, shop wasnt going to sell me one at 5.30 as was sold out, but was buying a ps2 as well so let me have one of the reserved ones.

Got the new slimline ps2 it is fantastic, same size as a hardback book but half the thickness very cool.

craig r
10-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I have not been able to find them. I know they stand with their arms crossed and that they will ask you if you want to buy drugs. No matter how you answer (pushing right or left) the response will be negative.

craig

craig r
10-29-2004, 06:18 PM
That cheat code is right to lower your wanted level. I don't know what the float on water one is though. But, you need to be careful with some cheats. They can mess up the save profile. The cheats from vice city are safe on san andreas.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 06:28 PM
they are around. I think I drove over one once /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2004, 06:29 PM
nice work davey! I hope you took some little kids reserved copy!

Sincere
10-29-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But, you need to be careful with some cheats. They can mess up the save profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I knew that, the only cheat I have used so far is the lower wanted level cheat. I think the ones that mess up the save are the weapons cheats but Im not sure.

[ QUOTE ]
The cheats from vice city are safe on san andreas.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say safe, you mean they dont mess up the save?

craig r
10-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry, i just realized that what i said is not what i wanted to say AT ALL.

The cheats I know are safe from VC are: health, wanted level, armor, tank, and weapons. I know I tried other cheats and at least one messed up VC. So far on SA I have tried wanted, armor (on here it gives armor, health, and 250,000) and weapons. I have not had any problems so far. But, the "armor" one concerns me for some reason. Maybe because what it does is different from GTA2 and VC.

craig

daveymck
10-29-2004, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice work davey! I hope you took some little kids reserved copy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope its 18 rated ove here, so some spotty teenagers instead.

My stepson wants this game (12) after five minutes and all the swearing I concluded best not. He enjoyed Vice City and completed it but this one they seem to have ramped it up a touch more.

Sincere
10-29-2004, 09:23 PM
If the armor cheat didnt give you problems saving, then why does it still concern you? Do you think it could mess up the game later down the line?

Also, how come no Guns N Ammo Stores are available? Im guessing they have to be unlocked through missions or something? I know in VC they were available from the start.

craig r
10-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Right, i just don't know what it will do down the line. I am sure it is fine, but Rockstar obviously gives a warning for some reason. I just don't know why.

They have Ammunations. I don't know why they don't show up on the legend/map. I haven't tried to go to one yet (i got weapons from killing other gang members and missions). Maybe they don't show up like the dance club I went to.

craig

PhatTBoll
10-29-2004, 10:27 PM
The Ammunations will open once you get to a particular mission. For now, check out the movie and tv studios. There are some goodies in there.

Ryner
10-29-2004, 11:57 PM
I liked meeting Catalina and The Guy from GTA3.

ThaSaltCracka
10-30-2004, 07:02 AM
don't be surprised if you got some 12 year olds game after his momm reserved it for him.

Dantes
10-30-2004, 12:23 PM
eh I think there's going to be an incredible backlash against rockstar and the video game industry once certain people find out about all the f bombs and (much worse IMO) n words in this game. Way more than "kill the haitians".

liquidboss
10-30-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eh I think there's going to be an incredible backlash against rockstar and the video game industry once certain people find out about all the f bombs and (much worse IMO) n words in this game. Way more than "kill the haitians".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to disagree with that, they are just pushing the envelope a little more than the last game. Besides, who cares about the backlash when they are going to sell $200 million worth of games? This is the best console game ever created.

Sincere
10-30-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For now, check out the movie and tv studios. There are some goodies in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are these located at?

ThaSaltCracka
10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
who cares the game is made for adults, hence, the M rating

PhatTBoll
10-30-2004, 07:14 PM
They're on the west side of Los Santos. The movie studio is enclosed on 3 sides by a wall.

Dantes
10-30-2004, 07:17 PM
If they pushed the envelope to x in gta 3.1 last year, and got y amount of backlash, this year the backlash will be y+z where z is the number of people offended by the use of the F and N words in a video game played primarly by teenagers. All in all just a stupid move by rockstar. At best case there will be some blurb on the AP and nothing else will come of it like last year, at worse case the NAACP et al will get involved and the government will come down hard on the ESRB etc etc.

Here's a question for you, if the N word is acceptable in these games how about sex scenes with full penetration? They didn't do it this time, why not? Maybe they're saving it for the 4th edition of the same game with the same engine.

PhatTBoll
10-30-2004, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question for you, if the N word is acceptable in these games how about sex scenes with full penetration? They didn't do it this time, why not? Maybe they're saving it for the 4th edition of the same game with the same engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are already games with explicit sexual content. Why aren't you complaining about those? You are getting all worked up over nothing.

This game is no more racist than Boyz in the Hood or other gangsta flicks. If this language was in a film you wouldn't care one bit.

ThaSaltCracka
10-30-2004, 07:53 PM
this game is totally comparable to any other rated R gangster flick. Have you ever seen Goodfellas?

Sounds to me like you are a pussy, man.

Dantes
10-30-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm not complaining about games with explicit sexual conduct.

ThaSaltCracka
10-30-2004, 08:29 PM
For those of you still in Los Santos, once you complete the mission "Doberman" you can then start taking over rival gang territory. You can then earn money from this territory. However, after you finish the last LS mission, you won't be able to take over territory or collect money.

Sincere
10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like you are a pussy, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO. I agree.

Sincere
10-30-2004, 10:01 PM
I was down in Jefferson and shot 2 of them down there, and picked up there money off the ground, 2K each, but you have to be carefull b/c when you shoot them, the rival gang members all start busting at you so you have to get out of there quick.

PhatTBoll
10-30-2004, 11:07 PM
1. Sawn-off Shotgun. Once you hit Hitman level and can wield two of these, it's almost unfair.

2. Character customization. Sounds stupid to people who don't play, but it really is pretty cool.

3. Axl.

4. Juggling several girlfriends at the same time.

5. Off-Track Betting. I love you, Crack Horse.