PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hooo! It's here...

jakethebake
10-28-2004, 02:44 PM
My copy of Petriv's book just arrived! Now maybe I'll be able to figure out what the hell you people are talking about in here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lost Wages
10-28-2004, 03:03 PM
My one complaint with Petriv is that he never mentions the Binomial Coefficient or derives the method for counting combinations. You just need to recognize that when he tells you count the number of flops by using (50*49*48)/(3*2*1) that that is the same as C(50,3) which is the notation that is often used in the forum.

Lost Wages

jakethebake
10-28-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My one complaint with Petriv is that he never mentions the Binomial Coefficient or derives the method for counting combinations. You just need to recognize that when he tells you count the number of flops by using (50*49*48)/(3*2*1) that that is the same as C(50,3) which is the notation that is often used in the forum.
Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, Cr*p! Ya lost me already. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rooster71
10-28-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My copy of Petriv's book just arrived! Now maybe I'll be able to figure out what the hell you people are talking about in here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am considering buying Petriv's book. I really want to learn how to make my own calculations. How easy is the book to understand? Does it provide good examples? I guess I am trying to get a general idea of the book.

Did you buy it from Gambler's Book Club? It is unavailable on Amazon.com, plus GBK has it for a better price.

jakethebake
10-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes, I got it from GBC. I'll let you know how it was after I read it. I'm sure others can chime in, ot you might check the book forum.