PDA

View Full Version : 7cs8: two babies on 3rd.

06-18-2002, 08:23 PM
How does a hand like A,2,Q fare against the more

common 3rd st. hands? Draw your own conclusions.

Ac,2d,Qh-$0.97

Xx,Xx,3s-$1.03

Ac,2d,Qh-$0.94

7d,5h,2s-$1.06

Ac,2d,Qh-$0.82

Jc,9s,Jd-$1.18

Ac,2d,Qh-$0.78

3c,3h,6d-$1.22

Ac,2d,Qh-$0.75

7d,5h,2s-$1.11

Jc,9s,Jd-$1.12

3c,3h,6d-$1.02

Notice the 3,3,6 loses value multiway. Would it

be wise to raise with this hand to narrow the

field though it will have to be mucked if it

catches bad on 4th.

06-18-2002, 08:27 PM
"Would it be wise to raise with this hand to narrow the field though it will have to be mucked if it catches bad on 4th. "

It has already caught bad on 3rd.

It is only an ante stealing hand.

06-19-2002, 12:02 AM
It is my opinion that hands such as these are only playable as an ante steal. I have been known to limp in in late postion with a hand like (AsKs)3h, but even with that hand, if you catch a small spade, roughly speaking a perfect card, you're probably behind in both directions. Above, you show that your hand isn't completely horrible when heads-up against some comparatively weak hands. I don't play in many games where pots get heads-up right away. If you are in such a game, I think that the typical hand that you'll be heads-up against is a lot stronger than JJ9 or 752. Multi-way, I would think that this hand would just stink. I really want all three of my cards to be working together in this game.

06-19-2002, 06:58 AM
From your caluculations this hand lost money against every hand you put it up against. Why would you want to raise? Dump the garbage without a thought.

06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Nothin' like the smell of an ace-baby-big w/a two suit in the [early]morning...

And smell they do. I've gotten killed over the years with KsAs/2d. It sucks. Steal the antes, then fold.

J9/J & 33/6 suck too, I don't care what the numbers say. There are so many opponents' boards that will render them unplayable. You never know if you're drawing dead or just folded half the pot. Now, it's a bit different for the 33/6 in a no qualifier game.

If you must play any of this sh#t[of which 752o is also a proud member, BTW], you certainly DO want to be headsup.

06-19-2002, 07:07 PM
AQ2 has the worst EV even vs 7 RANDOM hands.

3-3-6 is a lot better (but as above posters sayed it's just a ante-stealing hand)

The 3 cards working "strategy" is the only one which ships the money to you.

Marco

06-19-2002, 07:40 PM
actually in the heads up game is that hand is worth the raise every time. It creates a deception plus it works well with the agressive style and it will be hard for your opponent to put you on the hand in the future. Also, by raising with that garbage your best hands will get paid more often. You are not going to make any money in the heads up game if you will be waiting for 3 perfect cards working together, especially not again the good player who will quickly recognize what you are doing and will simply run over you

bigstu

06-20-2002, 08:44 AM
The game is not heads up though BigStu we are talking about a full table where one person has already called. At least thats what i thought we were talking about.

06-20-2002, 03:39 PM
What about the value of taking one off with the 336 (Assuming your 3's, 4's and 5's are live)?

Assuming there are a couple of limpers to you, the value of catching a 3 on fourth (if you just have to call the bring in) has got to be big if you represent the best low draw and get the high pair to pump the pot with you, no? Obviously it won't work against boards of 24, A2, but if you catch the 3 against a K and a low who catches either bad or catches a bad low (6,7,8) you could possibly force out the low(s) and play against the high hands with a hidden monster.

Am I way off base or does that make any sense?

Thanks,

Lurker

06-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Lurker, I think you are correct.

Marco