PDA

View Full Version : Don't like how I played this one

JeffO
10-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

in retrospect I think I should have raised this flop. If BB is betting his diamond draw he'll likely check the turn if he doesnt hit his draw, plus I had an opportunity to knock out the SB. Opinions?

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds. OK i have outs even if he was on a flush draw and since I didn't get reraised I'm probably good here.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Crying call. With no read on SB I felt like I had to call here, but looking back I think if I raise the flop the SB isn't even around for the river. So I guess the biggest question I have on this hand is who raises the flop?

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results to follow

Yobz
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
raise the flop!! no point smooth calling when there are draws, get the people with draws out and the people with already made hands that are worse than yours (AQ for example) in

JeffO
10-28-2004, 04:39 PM
SB had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the nut flush and my hand is no good. Should have raised the flop.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
there's really no sense in not raising this flop. it has draws and you might get more action from worst hands by raising anyways since they expect you to be raising and such since it looks like you were on a blind steal.