PDA

View Full Version : How much do good players earn?

BigNutSack
10-28-2004, 01:20 PM
What do you think a pro/ part-time good player can earn on Partypoker.com? I've been playing poker for about 20yrs (mostly monthly home games) and have recently become more serious - playing every night on PartyPoker for the past month. I've read Sklansy's "Hold 'em for Advanced Players", TJ Cloutier's "No Limit Hold 'em...", and "Positively Fifth Street" in the past month. As well as studying various online posts/sites. I feel like my game has improved over these few weeks and am playing slightly profitable poker.

So what I am wondering is how much do good players make? What percentage of players read all these books and online posts and have the same knowledge of the game that I do? If there are a high percentage of players who study and follow advanced theory, not to mention the 5% rake, how much of an edge can one have? Is the answer that most players don't read books, watch TV, and have no discipline which is what creates the edge?

eric5148
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
There was a thread a day or two ago titled "Winning Internet Poker 101." Do a search for that, and you're good to go.

BradleyT
10-28-2004, 02:13 PM
At least $80 a day.