PDA

View Full Version : Modest Mouse

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Back in one of the favorite music threads somewhere on here, some posters mentioned Modest Mouse as being a favorite band. This was interesting to me since they used to play frat parties at WSU when I went there, back in 1994-1995.

Anyway, I got a copy of Good News For People Who Love Bad News for my b-day a while back. I really like this album a lot. So I bought The Moon and Antarctica at the store the other day. It's OK, but I don't enjoy it quite as much. Just too slow overall.

So, based on that, should I check out any of their other albums? Just wanted to get some recommendations, they had a couple of other one's at the mall, but I wanted to see what fans of the band think before shelling out another $10. (and yes, I will buy a CD, albeit rarely, as I don't download music).

MarkL444
10-28-2004, 12:45 PM
the lonesome crowded west is easily their best cd. i have them all but thats really the only one i listen to these days. good news wore out on me pretty quick. its over-produced IMO.

EDIT- long drive is pretty damn good too. if you have trouble getting into their older stuff thats understandable. there are distinct differences.

B Dids
10-28-2004, 12:49 PM
When I was a freshman at UW I went to a show at the HUB, they were the unknown openning act (for either Sunny Day Real Estate or Halobenders, can't remember which). It's very weird to see them on MTV now.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
wow, modest mouse then Sunny Day, thats pretty cool.

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was a freshman at UW I went to a show at the HUB, they were the unknown openning act (for either Sunny Day Real Estate or Halobenders, can't remember which). It's very weird to see them on MTV now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember seeing them freshman year, playing outside on Glen Terrell Mall I think, outside of the CUB. And I remember seeing fliers around for other shows they did. Just another Northwest based band doing really well now.