PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THE BEST PLAY...?

06-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Well I guess I lied the other day ( not intentionally ) when I said I wasn't going to be able to play cards for several weeks cause I actually got a chance to get up to FW for a few hours this morning.

In a 1-3 game while waiting for a Hold'Em seat. ( My Hold'Em session is a completely different story. I really do need work on that game /images/frown.gif )

Anywhoo..

I actually don't remember my two opponents suits in this particular hand, but they aren't relevant to this anyway. (their boards were rainbow ) I will just start the action at sixth street.

Opponent #1- (xx)A86A

Opponent #2- (xx)5347

Me -- (9cQc)JcQd10cQs

Opponent #1 bets $3

Opponent #2 raises to $6

I know from the way the hand was played that #1 has Aces up and #2 has the straight.

What is my optimum move here?

Just call the $6 or raise to $9.

Aces up WILL call for just $3 more.

Results tommorow.

CJ

06-16-2002, 05:02 PM
The exposed cards should determine what the proper EV play is. I suspect you can raise here.

06-16-2002, 10:28 PM
I think this is a spot to raise and it becomes a complete no brainer if there is any chance that the straight will fold to your "better" hand. Even with no chance that he folds, which you don't mind, the raise has significant +EV.

I count 4K, 3 8's, 3 9's 10's J's, 1Q and however many clubs are live (not including the 8 and K) With 38 unseen cards (less if you remembered what was folded), you are over even money to catch, and can only be outdrawn by the 2 pair w/ A's. Even then he is only 19-1 to have A's full or 9-1 to fill otherwise.

You can collect 2 more bets on 6th with a raise and at least one more on 7th, possibly more depending on whether or not you catch the stone cold nuts and Player 1 fills. If no one improves, it should be checked around because of your raise. Let the 2 pair make a mistake and call a reraise on.

06-17-2002, 08:43 AM