PDA

View Full Version : <<The>> reason why limit S+G are soft?

B00T
10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
After reading the other post here about why people feel limit S+G's are real soft....

I wouldnt be surprised if 1 out of 10 people that sign up for a limit S+G think its a NL S+G.

They may be clearly NL players and just not grasp the keys to limit S+G's which are different from NL S+G's.

Oddly enough though, 3 times I have entered limit S+G's by accident. 2 1sts and a 2nd outta those "mistakes"... My ROI is 240% higher in Limit compared to NL S+G's. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SCfuji
10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
play about 997 more of those and let us know if it is still 240%. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theghost
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I play mostly limit cash games - one night I drunkenly grabbed a table (online), bought in, posted in the co, raised and called a reraise.

Oops - NL table. All my chips are in the middle and I lose my whole buyin. (Instead of 3 SB)

Moral: Limit players can sit down in the wrong spot too. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Eder
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I ended up by accident on a limit Omaha HL Sng...no idea what I'm doing so just raised every turn every hand...drove the table crazy and finished 4th after busting the others haha...beer goot!

poindexter
10-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Your right about the steady flow of idiots who press the wrong button and play in the limit game. You are also right about the softness of the game, but not because of the NL gumbas. Limit games are easier for a skilled player to beat because the games have less variance. The betting structure takes away the all-in weapon that any fish can use to double their stack. Bad players lose slowly but surely in limit by making multiple bad plays decreasing their chance of getting lucky.

jedi
10-28-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended up by accident on a limit Omaha HL Sng...no idea what I'm doing so just raised every turn every hand...drove the table crazy and finished 4th after busting the others haha...beer goot!

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in an Omaha Multi Table tournament on Ultimate Bet once. Played for over half an hour thinking it was Omaha Hi-Lo, but when I didn't get any chips after ramming and jamming my nut low, I realized that the tournament was High Only. Oops. I still placed 3rd.

codewarrior
10-28-2004, 07:21 PM
I played limit SnG exclusively for 2 years before deciding to learn NL. NL is more difficult, and it's not close. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oddly, I still play one (limit) now and then for fun (read: once every couple of months). And I haven't *not* placed ITM in one in two years. They were physically witnessed, BTW.

My sample size for limit and NL SnG's are approx. equal over a 4 year period.

JMHO,

Code