PDA

View Full Version : Team Full Tilt:"you can clear $600 bonus in 3 hours at .05/.10 tables"

snowbank
10-28-2004, 11:43 AM
I have heard how hard the Full Tilt bonus was to clear, but I figured I would look into it since $600 is some nice money. They said they allow 4-tabling, so I wrote them:

"How many hours would you assume it would take me to clear the $600 bonus
4-tabling $1/$2 NL?"

Their response:

"Sit down in a $.05-.10 game of Hold'Em, Stud, or Omaha and you'll earn enough
points in as little as 3 hours."

Are they kidding?????

Fat Nicky
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many points do you earn in 3 hrs, and how many points does it take to clear the bonus?? at a .05-.10 table, my guess would be a few years, no joke.

snowbank
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
My guess would be similar. I am amazed that they would try and con me into depositing $600 and have me not realize within 5 minutes that they were bullshitting me.

mistrpug
10-28-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard how hard the Full Tilt bonus was to clear, but I figured I would look into it since $600 is some nice money. They said they allow 4-tabling, so I wrote them:

4-tabling $1/$2 NL?"

Their response:

Are they kidding?????

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Seriously that is insane. They can't really believe that. You need to forward me that email.

mistrpug
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

4-tabling $1/$2 NL?"

Their response:

Are they kidding?????

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Seriously that is insane. They can't really believe that. You need to forward me that email.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unreal. I have to respond again. The most money you can earn towards the bonus per hand is $.18. Even if every hand is raked $3 (at .10/.20 NL remember which is impossible), and even if you got 100 hands per table per hour (which is a rediculous overestimate and probably also impossible) you would earn just over a third of the bonus in 3 hours.

A more accurate guess would be about 30-40 hours of 4-tabling.

Lawrence Ng
10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are they kidding?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are. It's called a lie so you will play more... sucky sucky..

bunky9590
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
It took me around 3 weeks of playing 2 tables of 1/2 NL and 1 table of 2/4 NL simultaneously.

5-6 nights a week for 3-4 hours a night. 3 WEEKS!!!
But, I cleared it faster than anyone else I know.

The Thief
11-02-2004, 11:38 PM
3 hours... that's a line and a half. I have been playing 5-10 and 8-16 simultaneously for apprx. 10 hours combined and have not even managed the first level ($120). Yeah, a free $600 is nice, but FT just does not have the player volume to warrant the effort (in my humble opinion). At times, I have found there are not even tables open, let alone seats open, at 8-16. No one at all is at these tables. If it takes me longer than a week to clear the bonus, and I have not managed to make a significant profit in the meantime, it was a HUGE waste of time. The play at FT is significantly different than it is at Party. Not to say, my style of play works only at Party, but the sites are 100% different. Maybe it will take me some time to figure out the play at FT and I will change my opinion. But today, I am disappointed with FT and have advised my friends not to bother trying to make the quick 6. It just isn't worth it.

Tiltmom
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Well, this is a drag. Disclaimer: I am a paid writer for Full Tilt, and one of the "writing" duties is reading rgp, and here, etc.

Support really screwed this up. They didn't lie. They just didn't bother reading the question very carefully. FTP has had a variety of bonuses where you had to earn 100 Full Tilt Points to qualify for something. (This includes Phil Gordon's Real Deal Promo, Howard's Fantasy Camp Promo, and other stuff.)

To earn 100 Full Tilt Points? I haven't done the math in a while, but it's possible you CAN do it in three hours. I know you can do it in less than an hour playing $5/10.

Having said that, I realize that isn't the question that was asked. This is one of those "don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity" things. Surely you can't believe FTP would try to sell such a bit of nonsense as "3 hours to earn $600 at $.05/.10".

It was a careless mistake. And if you read any of my posts on RGP on the matter, you'll know I'm not out there spreading the 3 hour story. I've been very candid about what is required to earn the FTP bonus.

At such small stakes, you'd be better off depositing $50 and you'd probably get back a fair percentage of that in the alloted 90 days. To earn the $600, you'd need to be playing at Bunky's stakes.

Again, this sucks. And I'm sorry tech support needs the occasional reading comprehension refresher course. Rest assured they've been brought up to speed on this error.