PDA

View Full Version : More loose in 1/2 than higher levels?

amax
10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
This might very well be an obvious question, but I'll ask it anyway. The reason for my question is that most advice I read about the SH forum concerns higher level 5/10/ and above. But I've also read that playing as in high level games, though it will be profitable in 1/2 it will not be optimal. (Don't get me wrong even if I wanted to play the high level way, I'm still far far away from it /images/graemlins/smile.gif). But since I'm aiming for 1/2 for the time being I would like to be doing as well as possible there.

I just wan't to know if there are any big differences.

Should one be more loose in starting hands in 1/2 than higher levels? Because of the number of loose passive are much higher in 1/2??

Benjamin
10-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Yes, there are many more opportunities to limp small pairs, medium suited connectors, and suited aces in the Party 1/2 game, so an expert would play quite a few more hands there than at higher levels. Got to be quick to release losers though, and don't try to bluff except in the most prime opportunities.

B.

lefty rosen
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
To a point, ie calling a middle pair with 4 in already. Just don't become a crack head who calls any face and kicker and any face suited. Also judge the table if retards are playing the blinds raising them with ace anything is a crapout as they will defend it with anything and will chase down anything on a brick board.....

lefty rosen
10-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Bluff the winning rocks only the rest of the players are just a bunch of rabbits who chase anything down..

helpmeout
10-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Bluff the losing rocks as well.

lefty rosen
11-04-2004, 05:02 PM
It's hard to be a losing rock at this game, Way too much dead money......