PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Stud players1 I came in...

06-15-2002, 03:08 AM
with a raise in early position with pocket 9's in a 1/5 game and the field folded to a loose player who called with a 7.

On 4th,we both caught blanks(rainbow,no Str8,no flush draw poss.)

I continued the drive . Oppo had no card higher than 9.He called.

On 5th,Oppon. was high with the "T" and picks up the ball.

I called. He continued to drive on 6th after improving to a pair of 3's. I called with 2 live paint showing.

On 7th,I remain with one pair of 9's and oppon was high and continued the drive.

About all I could beat was a pair of 3's.

Let's assume that it's 2 to 1 against this player running a bluff and the pot is laying U 7 to 1 for your call,what would U do??

Hmmm Just wondering.

Happy pokering ,

Sitting Bull

06-15-2002, 03:47 AM
Well unless this player was a complete moron who I had seen trying to "pull some stuff off" I would probably fold here rather easily...

HOWEVER.. and I will probably get some flack for this.......

However since you called sixth you could always raise the river... /images/smile.gif Hell even if you get called think of all the hands you will get paid off with later /images/smile.gif A play such as this could only be used rarely ( ESPECIALLY in 1-5 ) but in the long run if used properly ( and sparingly ) it should gain you +EV. Actually if you aren't willing to fold to the river bet I almost like this play better than just calling the river bet. It only costs one more bet but could actually gain you the whole pot if your opponent is capable of laying down 2 pair. ( which he might since YOU were the aggressor on 3rd ) Of course if you get re-raised you can safely fold.

So in summary... I would probably fold the river.. If I really didn't feel comfy doing that at the time then I would raise.. I don't like calling here cause all I could beat is the board.

As you would say.. "Happy Pokering"

CJ

One More Note and IMPORTANT-- If I had seen that this opponent had been routinely bluffing.. I WOULD just CALL the river.. Cause an opponent such as that is going to call with anything better than his board if you raise anyway so you lose alot of the value you gain with a raise.

06-16-2002, 06:42 PM
folded and my opponent showed his hand--ONLY a pair of 3's.

After congratulating him for playing well,I went to the "toilet" and cried for 11/2 hours.

When I returned,my chips were removed from the table because I stayed away too lont.

Boy! Did I have a bad session(LOL).

**Just skidding about going to the "toilet".

I did , however, congratualte my opponent.

There seems to be a very thin line between expert play and moronic play.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

06-17-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi larry,

In this case I would say if your going to gamble with him do it the right way. In this case I suggest raise on 5th. He may have you beat but at least you'll slow him down.

Great for your image too.

Gotta fold the river..

06-17-2002, 12:17 PM
URGGGH!!!

Too bad. Funny thing is , the river bet is the only good bet he made...

06-18-2002, 06:39 PM
picked up the ball on 5th when the "T" hit,I put him on at least a pair of T's!

So when he paired his 3's,I was hoping to pair one of my paints to give me paint up.

However,since this did not happen,I folded!

I cried so hard in the toilet that the cleaning person had to mop up my tears(just kidding)LOL!.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

06-19-2002, 04:25 AM