PDA

View Full Version : Coors Lite targeting Kids? *O/T*

LondonBroil
10-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Coors Light Beer Game (http://www.coorslight.com/beergame/)

Lazymeatball
10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

rerazor
10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Coors Light has the worst narketing of any company in the world, bar none. Their latest campaign, "The coldest tasting beer in the world" is like propaganda, you're just supposed to repeat it to yourself and not ask any questions, like "How do they make something taste colder?".

toby
10-28-2004, 01:34 PM
haha that was awesome

GWB
10-28-2004, 01:36 PM
You post this only 5 days before Colorado is to choose whether to put a Coors in the US Senate. hmmm......

http://www.freeconservatives.com/vb/images/smilies/votebush.gif

J.R.
10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
you underestimte both the maturity of and ease with which those who consume copious amounts of coors products are amused. But Coors has and does (?) target underagers, and if you live in Coloroda you have already heard lots about this. Side note, Pete Coors supports lowering the drinking age to 18.

GWB
10-28-2004, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Side note, Pete Coors supports lowering the drinking age to 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he supports the idea that the citizens of the state have the right to set whatever legal limits they want, without coercion from the Federal government.

If the limit the people want is 21, then he is in supprot of that.

daveymck
10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
That is the legal age in the UK. Coors is not the drink of choice for underage drinkers here, maybe a reason to get him in stop the 18 year olds drinking crap beer.

MicroBob
10-28-2004, 02:39 PM
I agree with Mr. Coors on this issue (and probably this issue only).
Our country is pretty gosh-darn hypocrticial when it comes to the drinking age.

I suspect that most of us Americans drank at 19 and 20 years old. In the very least, we know people who did and it certainly didn't kill them.

You can register to vote and go to war at 18 but you can't drink.
Bars and clubs have to go out of their way to check ID on 19 and 20 year-olds and if one of them sneaks by and drinks a beer the fines are extraordinary and the whole place can get shut down.

It's pretty ridiculous and it's something that I have held an opinion on for a long time (I'm 34 now).

I don't believe there are many other countries who have a drinking age as old as ours.....nor waste so much energy legislating it as much as we do.

J.R.
10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
If the limit the people want is 21, then he is in supprot of that.

duh, he's an aspiring politician, of course he says this. Now lets focus on what I was addressing- his opinion on the issue at hand. Do you contend that pete coors doesn't want to lower the drinking age?