PDA

View Full Version : WLLH + HEPFAP vs SSH

realbad101
10-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Being now a graduate of Winning Low Limit Hold Em by Lee Jones and the HEPFAP bible by Sklansky and Malmuth, I now see there's a lot of buzz about Small Stakes Hold Em by Ed Miller.

Where my game is...
winning player at >2BB / hr at .5/1 ; 1/2 and 2/4 online. I am situational in my preflop analysis rather than going from a chart (nothing personal against the chart, good for beginners). I feel the biggest part of my game I would like to work on is post flop.

Is small stakes hold em the book for me? At the 2/4 level online, I am seeing players fold when they don't have a good hand and draw, and thus are more susceptible to semi-bluffs and the like. Which leads me more towards HEPFAP for my current level but I am interested in other posters experience.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past, i tried a search with the above topics and got flooded.

uuDevil
10-28-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is small stakes hold em the book for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But don't let me make up your mind:

You be the judge. (http://www.twoplustwo.com/books.html#Small Stakes Hold'em)

Lost Wages
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I feel the biggest part of my game I would like to work on is post flop... Is small stakes hold em the book for me?

Yep, sounds like. It's heavy on the postflop.

At the 2/4 level online, I am seeing players fold when they don't have a good hand and draw

Then you are playing at the wrong site or wrong table.

Lost Wages