PDA

View Full Version : 4 newbie hands...

Fnord
10-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Hand 1
No read on MP yet. Table overall is passive and a little tight.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Fnord calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Fnord checks.

Turn: (1.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Fnord calls.

River: (5.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Fnord calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Hand 2
Same table. Both villians like to play "fit or fold"

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is MP with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Fnord checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Hand 3

BB seems to a be a solid/aggro player

Preflop: Fnord is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Fnord calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Fnord folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hand 4

No read on BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Fnord calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Fnord calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Fnord folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

imitation
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Hand 1: I think you can lay it down on the turn, pot's small. MP "could" be CR the turn with Ac or something but i doubt it, even so you'll find better opportunities to take this to the river and find out what kind of player you're up against.

Hand 2: Betting the river has to be close, because you might get CO to fold a T, and if you check I think you'll probably call a bet? But I think you'd have heard on the turn if you were up against an A or a flush, so you're unlikely to be raised and if you are you can definitely fold it. I'm trying to consider wether a co-ordinated board / high card board like this works in your favour for inducing a bluff, I really don't think so. That pushes me in favour of betting, checking is unlikely to induce a bluff and with betting you have a chance to push CO from a better hand.

Hand 3: I can dig it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hand 4: Fine, CR the turn is another idea it will scare the bojangles out of BB (unless they've got AK) even then you're unlikely to be 3bet and if you are you have plenty of outs. If you CR and are just called gosh darn it'd be tempting to lead the river(i'm so LAG when I look at hands).

Trix
10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
1) I fold preflop, if its passive, then you can probably play. I think you will pick it up often enough on the flop if you bet.
The turn CR from MP will have you crushed often enough to fold.

2) What does "fit or fold" have on the turn that makes u want to bet ?

3) I probably fold to the flopraise. Think both betting and check-calling is fine on the turn.
If he is very aggro, then you have to call the river, else it´s probably fine.
The bet may actually be bad, I´m not sure he will call an 8 here, when the board has a 4flush and the is an ace.
4) think check-calling the turn may be better, dont think he will fold anything else than 99-77, but will raise often.

imitation
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeh sorry I forgot to say with hand 1 muck that preflop.

spider
10-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I don't know if you are paying enough attention to pot size. As already mentioned, there is not enough money to call the turn raise in hand #1.

Conversely, there is too much money in the pot to fold on the river in hand #3. You're probably toast but nowhere near the 90% of the time you have to be to fold against a guy you described as "solid/aggro". Unless by "solid" you were implying "absolutely never bluffs".

spider
10-28-2004, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bet may actually be bad, I´m not sure he will call an 8 here, when the board has a 4flush and the is an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I definitely check the river in #3. He will have a better hand most of the time that he calls or raises. Conversely, you'll induce a lot of bluffs with a check.