PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead - Movie Review

wacki
10-28-2004, 02:55 AM
ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!

[censored] Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't rent it, buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it, there is something wrong with you.

Saw the regular version just now... I will watch the directors cut this weekend.

Some of the critics didn't like it because it didn't have the parables educating people of the "evils of consumer culture" which was in the original 1978 movie. A little research concluded that those same reviewers loved that piece of crap called the "The Thin Red Line". I haven't seen the original but I can say this to the 24% of the reviewers that didn't like this movie, yet loved that piece of crap called the "The Thin Red Line". Get out of this country you [censored] pussies! You know where you came from, so grab your panties and run home like the little girl you are.

ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!

P.S. J.LOHR = $20-$30 piece of crap cabernet sauvignon
Little Bear = only $5 at trader joes but really good cabernet sauvignon

whiskeytown
10-28-2004, 04:18 AM
I saw the unedited director's cut last night (bought it the day it came out) -

it's a little more gorier - with a couple more scenes, but not too much different - - some great extras including more scenes and a couple 20 minute featurettes that were cheaply done with the character across the street and a newscaster.

Overall, a good movie, all right - I did like the original better - can't wait for Romero's 4th one to come out next yr.

RB

wacki
10-28-2004, 04:26 AM
Romero is comming out with another movie?!?!?! I searched on countingdown.com and all I got is "house of the dead". Is that it? Holy cow, how old is that guy? If you liked the original better then I an buying the original, no questions asked!

ZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

That's it, I'm buying a spas-12.... and a coldsteel Katana. A boyscout is always prepared. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
10-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Land of the Dead -

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/dusk/index.html

RB

wacki
10-28-2004, 04:33 AM
BTW speaking of zombies, do a google search on the lancet fluck. A.k.A Dicrocoelium lanceolatum. I've seen those things in action with my own eyes. The articles don't do it justice. It's amazing something can take control like those parasites do.

ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

wacki
10-28-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Land of the Dead -

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/dusk/index.html

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks for the info.

ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

Blarg
10-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Am I correct in seeming to find some compulsive weird political blathering completely submerging what seemed to be a review about a zombie movie??? Or am I just so numbed by all the knee-jerk politics around here that I failed to recognize a meaningful or even coherent discussion of The Thin Red Line and how it somehow could possibly tie in to...um...well...a zombie movie?

Then there's something about panties, Trader Joe's, and cabernet sauvignon -- and my head is just spinning.

daveymck
10-28-2004, 05:29 AM
I owuld recommend Shaun of the Dead a decent british zombie comedy, has just come out in the states I think.

wacki
10-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Shaun of the Dead... next on my list.

daveymck
10-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Is out on DVD over here now so should be some good versions on bit torrent etc if you are that way inclined.

wacki
10-28-2004, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in seeming to find some compulsive weird political blathering completely submerging what seemed to be a review about a zombie movie??? Or am I just so numbed by all the knee-jerk politics around here that I failed to recognize a meaningful or even coherent discussion of The Thin Red Line and how it somehow could possibly tie in to...um...well...a zombie movie?

Then there's something about panties, Trader Joe's, and cabernet sauvignon -- and my head is just spinning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you heard right, even though you couldn't comprehend. Most of the reviewers that didn't like Dawn of the Dead liked the P.O,S. movie "Thin Red Line". Those reviewers are pussies and need to pick their panties off of the floor and get out of this country.

Littele Bear = good wine. (It's available at trader joe's)
J.LOHR = $30 crap wine.

I drank both while watching this movie. That is why I posted. I think you know what I meant on all counts. If you have something to say, say it. Don't be a pussy.

ZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBIIIIIIIIEEEEEE EEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

It was a crazy movie.

Legend27
10-28-2004, 11:29 AM
The Thin Red Line was one of the best books I've ever read. The movie was not nearly as good as the book but it was still good. I don't get where you're coming from with the "Get out of this country you [censored] pussies!". It's a war movie.

wacki
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Ugh, I was drunk last night.

As for the reference to the critics that raved about the thin red line, it was a crude remark, but it makes sense if you think about it. Just read their reviews.

ArchAngel71857
10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
The best part about the dawn of the dead DVD is the Special Report news bulliten. Absolutely painstaking to watch. My roommates and I also enjoyed watching the homemade tape of the gun store owner. The best part was the deleted scene where it was declared that American manufacturing is exported to China and Asia because those people have small hands and can do the stitching.

-AA

Matt Flynn
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
The Thin Red Line wasn't anywhere near good. It was film school at it's worst. A few segments:

<Bunch of chat on destroyer>

<Still shot of bird>

<John Travolta overacting as far as he can (which, trust me, sets a truly hard boundary to reach) with the world's biggest flinger flick to grab a cigarette>

<Still shot of another bird>

<Travolta says something inane>

<Still shot of first bird>

<Travolta puffs on cigarette again, big finger scissor grab of cig, satisfied smirk/smile, another inane line>

<Still shot of tree. Long shot. Oh wait I see it there's the bird>

THROUGH THE WHOLE BLOODY FILM.

And, if that weren't enough amateur hour, the dialog was chock full with lines like:

<Still shot of bird>

<"The moon cast a light upon my soul.">

<Still shot of bird>

And, not to spoil the whole movie, but they didn't even have the courtesy of shooting the bird before the movie was over. YES, WE GET IT, THE JUXTAPOSITION OF BEAUTY AND HORROR. As in the horror of having to sit through that film.

Matt

Redmen62
10-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Romero's original is well worth watching. If I'd seen it first, I think I would like it more than the remake, but it's a little hard to go back to shuffling zombies (You'll see what I mean).

For anyone who likes these movies and hasn't read it yet, go order The Zombie Survival Handbook on Amazon.

astroglide
10-28-2004, 03:17 PM
haha! http://tinyurl.com/47l28 check out my post about it

Matt Flynn
10-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Astro,

the worst film i ever saw (or at least the first 30 minutes of) was Cool World. Siskel and Ebert each chose ten different best and worst movies of that year, stating they picked in turn so as not to have any overlaps. And yet, in the end, they said Cool World was so bad they both had to vote it worst flick of its year.

Matt

wacki
10-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Astro, when posting long urls use the URL button. Otherwise you have to use the horizontal scroll on every post.

astroglide
10-28-2004, 03:28 PM
the url was apparently too big to be contained by the url tags so i tinyurled it

wacki
10-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Damn, you must be psychic. Fixed it before I could finish typing....

/images/graemlins/grin.gif