PDA

View Full Version : The Official RED SOX WIN THE WORLD SERIES thread!

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 02:32 AM
Where is MMMMMMM now? I never left the side of the Sox, I never will; it's what I was born to do. My grandfather, in his 90th year, listen to the Sox every game on the radio as he was blind. God bless him and the rest of Red Sox Nation!

From the come back versus the Yankees to the sweep of the Cardinals, I believed, everything came true!

What a TEAM, what a year! This win is to all those who kept the faith!

Right out of the Patriots playbook comes a team that does it one game a time. WHAT TIME TO DO IT!

GO SOX, WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Peace,
Joe Tall

daryn
10-28-2004, 03:01 AM
i don't know if any red sox season will ever be as good as this one. this was clearly the best ever and will be forever.

what a bunch of guys too. for real. like remy said on the nesn postgame show, this is the kind of team that in 50 years, when you're remembering back to 2004, you'll be able to name every damn guy on the roster.

i also never lost the faith. even down 3-0. even with MMMMMMM's taunting and prophetizing.

sublime
10-28-2004, 03:09 AM
I was so happy for ALL the players, but especially:

Lowe
Petey
Tek
Nixon
Wakefield

What am i saying? Every friggin one of them!

Francona can hold his head high now, as it seems he outmanaged a legend and a "baseball genius" in one post season.

Johnny Pesky /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One bittersweet moment was not seeing Nomar in there, but everything happens for a reason and i hope he finds joy no matter where he ends up.

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 03:13 AM
with MMMMMMM's taunting and prophetizing

I know he's a kick azz poker player but this is the "fan" that I have no respect. They "used" to root for the sox, but then they just give up. I think my dad is about MMMMMM's age and he never gave up but I know so many out there that have no heart and gave up. Too bad they can't celebrate with us.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 03:17 AM
I wonder what odds I can get on the Sox blowing it now that they're ahead by 2 games, heh. I'm going over to...what site is it? tradesports? to check it out right now. Heck I never bet on sports but the way this is breaking it is too good to pass up. Maybe I won't have to play poker for the rest of the year. -MMMMMM

SUCK ON MY CHAMPIONSHIP, MMMMMM!!!

Peace,
Joe Tall

GuyOnTilt
10-28-2004, 04:33 AM
So does this mean you're finally coming down to SoCal?

GoT

lorinda
10-28-2004, 05:39 AM
"Once in a Red Moon" will replace Blue Moon as a common phrase.

Lori

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 06:29 AM
I just woke up this morning after sleeping through last night's game.

Well what do you know, the Sox have finally earned the right to be rooted for again!

GO Sox 2005!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Hahahahaha, I didn't bet.

With all the crap they pulled over the years to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, countless times that is, they didn't truly deserve to be rooted for in my opinion.

Now that they have made this amazing run and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and never even let up during the series, they have finally earned the right to be rooted for.

The Sox have finally performed like true champions instead of like born losers, and the performance was so convincing that I'll have to start watching them on TV a bit next year (I didn't watch any of the Series this year, but the 7 straight games when it counted is a clutch performance that is 180 degrees from their old ways).

Guess after the party-like atmosphere dies down a bit I'll check out the futures prices on the Sox winning the 2005 Series and maybe place a small bet. I haven't bet sports in 15 years, but if this is any indication (and it sure looks like it), maybe I won't have to play poker for a year in 2006! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GO SOX 2005!!!

MrGo
10-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Congrats to the Sox and their fans! I never would have thought they would have swept STL.

Raiser
10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Congrats to the Sox and all the fans. It was tough to see my beloved Cards not show up like they have all year, but all the credit in the world has to go to your great team. Enjoy the victory. Hopefully next year, we'll meet again and we can put up a fight /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The once and future king
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
I dont even understand baseball. However I understand certain univeral principles of sport.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM= FAIR WEATHER FAN.

There is nothing more shamefull in the world of sport. MMMMMMMM time for you to drink some more Bud. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2planka
10-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Been reading the Post and the St. Louis dispatch. They've been pretty rough on us Boston fans. Sure we have our share of meatheads, but the overwhelming sentiment is one of gratitude. We're so thankful that they finally won it all.

Three generations of my family never witnessed this. Nuff said.

DCIAce
10-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Congrats.

Pedro'll look great in Dodger Blue again next year. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MelK
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Caption: Former Red Sox Johnny Pesky hugging Game 2 winning pitcher Curt Schilling. Pesky was the scapegoat in the Red Sox' loss to the Cardinals in the 1946 World Series.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/10/27/sports/series.slide.12.jpg

MrGo
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Who else thinks the owner of the Sox looks like a child molester?

lil'
10-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I think, the older you are, the more nervous you are about the Sox. I was extremely confident that they would beat the Cardinals. My father, on the other hand, was on the edge of his seat because the Sox didn't score in the 8th last night with the bases loaded and nobody out. He was terrified it was the beginning of a loss.

Anwyay, now nobody can dump on this team anymore. I heard the NY post had a headline saying, "See you 2090." Guess they still can't get over the greatest choke in history.

adios
10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Congrats to the Red Sox and their fans. It must be especially sweet after being down 3-0 in the ALCS to the Yankees. After they lost last year I posted that the Red Sox were close and that maybe a few moves in the off season would put them over the top. And again as I've stated before, right around the half way point I thought Red Sox fans were being too pessimistic. Enjoy the celebration, lot's of free agents to be on the Red Sox but I suspect that they'll put an excellent team on the field again next year. The best part of it all is that I won't have to hear about that silly curse anymore.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
to quote Josh Arieh " Was there ever any doubt?"

congrats Boston.

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Fair weather? They blew it consistently since I was a kid and I'm now in my 40's. You call being disappointed with a SOLID 40-year stretch of losing EVERY time they were in the clutch, even the times they nearly had it locked up, fair-weather???

I guess I'm just not masochistic enough to continue rooting for a team that lets you down EVERY SINGLE TIME FOR 40 YEARS, until they show differently for once.

They obviously didn't deserve to win before. Now they have shown that they do.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
I forgot to add this:
Third year in a row a wold card team has won it. I thought Houston would take it, but to be honest with you I am not surpised Boston won. I thought we were gonna have a Boston-Houston WS anyways. If a team ever earned a title, it was this one.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 11:29 AM
he is english anyways, he has no concept of baseball.

andyfox
10-28-2004, 11:47 AM
"After they lost last year I posted that the Red Sox were close and that maybe a few moves in the off season would put them over the top."

Which is what makes me think Foulke was the key acquisition. With him in the pen, it would have been likely even Grady would have played it differently in the fateful 8th inning last year.

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Right, I forgot about that...he probably thinks cricket is baseball.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, I forgot about that...he probably thinks cricket is baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, now that I think about it, he does seem to come across as all knowing, so maybe be knows better than us.

BeerMoney
10-28-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who else thinks the owner of the Sox looks like a child molester?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Rolen is wierd looking.. He seems like the guy who nobody liked, but was good at baseball... Whereas, most athletes are usually pretty popular. Rolen is the new Scott Brosius.

BeerMoney
10-28-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What a TEAM, what a year! This win is to all those who kept the faith!

Right out of the Patriots playbook comes a team that does it one game a time. WHAT TIME TO DO IT!

GO SOX, WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, I think what's remarkable is that you can look at everysingle guy in that lineup and say "Yes, he played a key part.."

I think Cabrera went somewhat underrated. He made a lot of tough plays at short stop that he made look easy.

Thanks for being a great fan Joe Tall.

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Well obviously they're a quite different team now than they were all those past decades. Actually, after this stunning and consistent performance, I expect great things from them in the future.

Was there a management shakeup recently or something?

They finally did it and did it most convincingly.

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
New owners and a new GM.

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was there a management shakeup recently or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, you really haven't been paying attention, have you.

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I stopped following them quite some time ago and I've never been a big sports fan anyway.

I always suspected that management was somehow to blame for much of their prior status as world-champion-chokers.

daryn
10-28-2004, 04:13 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Fair weather? They blew it consistently since I was a kid and I'm now in my 40's. You call being disappointed with a SOLID 40-year stretch of losing EVERY time they were in the clutch, even the times they nearly had it locked up, fair-weather???

I guess I'm just not masochistic enough to continue rooting for a team that lets you down EVERY SINGLE TIME FOR 40 YEARS, until they show differently for once.

They obviously didn't deserve to win before. Now they have shown that they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

boston called, they don't want you as a fan /images/graemlins/grin.gif

your excuse is piss poor. plenty of people before you have been sox fans for 50 years, 60 years, 70 years, all disappointing, but they don't quit. only cowards go that road.

sorry MMMMMMM, you lose this one.

adios
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM

GWB
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Schilling coming to New Hampshire with President Bush (http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=46232)

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
So does this mean you're finally coming down to SoCal?

Yes, after the WPF at Foxwoods I'll be heading out west for a bit.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime
10-28-2004, 05:59 PM

Boooooo! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Boooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's fcking getting cold, I'm outta here for a bit. Be back for the Pats superbowl.

Peace,
Joe Tall

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

You going to stick to So Cal, or will you make it up to the good ol' NW for a bit?

Joe Tall
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
will you make it up to the good ol' NW for a bit?

Well, that could be in the works. I'm surely going to make it up to SF, maybe I'll keep on going but I dont' want to be in the cold and this will be in Novemeber.

I can't believe the fcking won,
Joe Tall

MMMMMM
10-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Please don't make me reconsider my decision to root for them next year, Daryn.

sublime
10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Dude, it's fcking getting cold, I'm outta here for a bit. Be back for the Pats superbowl.

I hear ya bro, enjoy your time out there.