PDA

View Full Version : PP 30+3 decision

ChrisCo
10-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Hero is in the money with t9000 and just posted the bb which is 1500. He has just been moved and is playing his first hand at the table. We have just made it in the money of a field of 1550+ and down to 110 players. On to the hand:

Blinds: 750/1500
Hero:t9000
SB:t30000
Hero is dealt KTo in the bb
Everyone folds to SB who min raises to 3000.
Hero pushes in his last 7500.

Comments?

Shilly
10-28-2004, 01:51 AM
I think this is a really read-specific situation. If he's a habitual stealer, especially in these situations, I think your push is good as he will probably fold. However, if he doesn't steal as much and would only steal with a hand slightly better than yours or in a situation where he is a slight dog, I don't like it. However, I'm always willing to give up a blind and hope for something better in the next orbit.

ChrisCo
10-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Hey shilly, thanks for your comment. As I said in my post this was the very first hand because my table had been split up. Based on an average player in this situation do you think that a push is better that a fold? Im puzzled by this whole hand because 1/6 of my stack is in the pot and a got a guy that I have no read on raising into me. He could be raising anything from a mid pocket pair, weak ace, a bluff, or a hand that completely dominates mine. Against most of his hands that he raises I have a decent chance of winning. Is gambling it up and taking what is probably near a coinflip my best option before I get blinded down?

By the way shilly, is your sn on party something like shilloy. I am pretty sure we were playing together in a 30+3 yesterday and we both made it pretty far into the money. Fwiw I was able to make it to 26th till my flopped to pair ran into a set. /images/graemlins/frown.gif