PDA

View Full Version : Four hands with a general theme...me losing money.

oscark
10-28-2004, 01:22 AM
So, in the old days, this was one of my abc plays:

I raise preflop.

If raised on the flop, heads up, I was reasonable confident my hands was best, few draws, and fairly sure he would bet the turn, I would wait and pop him there.

In the 15, this play has been killing me. Also having a lot of trouble getting away from these hands. I can't convince myself if it's bad luck, bad play, or a mix of both. I'd love to hear what you all think.

(I realize a lot of players bet there best hands out in an effort to collect the maximum when they are against people like me (I am one of them). I don't think I was against that player)

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

***** Hand History for Game 1109855914 *****
15/30 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Oct 27 23:28:58 EDT 2004
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.33 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.33 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.83 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.83 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

Chief911
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Do you have an aversion to capping?

Although obviously you said that you lost on all of those, it would seem most of the time you are ahead in all of those. Although any of us could pick out 4 hands like that where we lost. It seems weird that throughout anytime someone 3 bets you after your raise, you simply call, instead of piling on another bet.

As far as critique's of the specific hands, I'll leave that to the players better than I.

Nick

http://www.bettheriver.com/image/capit.jpg

oscark
10-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok, against a typical 15/30 player, which hands are you capping here? Which hands, if any, are you folding?

Still having trouble reading players' aggression.

Thanks,

Oscar

joewatch
10-28-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm new here, so don't jump down my throat if I screw this up, but here's my analysis:

#1- SB with AKo
The flop call is too loose. MP1's call then 3-bet suggests he might have AA or KK. At the flop, you only have overcards and a backdoor flush draw. Although you have 1:9 pot odds, there's a good chance you're drawing dead. I would fold here.

#2 - JJ At the flop, calling the raise is too weak. JJ can be outdrawn too easily by someone holding any A, K, or Q. You should have expected CO to raise you since you were the raiser pre-flop and he has to check if you have just overcards. You should re-raise to make him pay for any draws. Either way if you are called or it is capped, I would lead out on the turn and fold to a raise.

#3 - AKs On the flop, you should have 3-bet. Vs. #1, a check-raise is a little scarier. 2- pair is a possibility, but he may have only AQ or AJ and wants to test your hand. If you are capped, think 2 pair or a set.

#4- AQ - why the check-raise on the flop? You must protect your hand against the possible flush draw. 3-way, check-raise here is too risky unless you flopped a monster, which you didn't. I would lead out here to make any draws pay. I would have folded to the raise on the turn since it means I probably got sucked out by AJ and have only 3 outs.