PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Red Sox are world champions.

bisonbison
10-27-2004, 11:43 PM
awesome.

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh to be in Boston right now.. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Homer
10-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh [censored], I thought game 4 was tomorrow. Seriously.

andyfox
10-27-2004, 11:50 PM
To all of the 2+2 Red Sox fans. Most especially, with apologies to the rest of you, to John Cole, who, it seems to me, must appreciate this moment at least as much, if not more, than anyone.

Simply remarkable: eight wins in a row. As a Yankee fan, the come from ahead loss by my team hurt. Bad. But as a baseball fan, it's a great, great moment.

Next year: The Cubbies?

ohkanada
10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
"Next year: The Cubbies?"

Lets not go overboard on this!

Ken

Zeno
10-27-2004, 11:55 PM
John Cole needs to post a poem. Or better yet, compose one for the occasion. Congradulations to all the Red Sox Faithful and Fans. I will pat myself on the back some, if you don't mind, and say my rooting for the team helped. A Sweep also, as I hinted.

-Zeno

Prevaricator
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
It was a bigger deal at UMass when they beat the Yankees. Seriously

nolanfan34
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because those fans aren't old enough to be diehard enough Sox fans to appreciate what this means.

Seriously, they shouldn't have had live shots of Boston bars, they should have had live shots of nursing homes, those are the people who have been suffering all these years and should be celebrating, not some 20-year-old who can't even remember 1986.

Congrats to the Red Sox Nation though, exciting win, and good for baseball. Anyone who slaps down the Yankees is cool with me.

oljumpstart
10-28-2004, 12:10 AM
I thought this would be anticlimactic after the yanks, but nope it's pretty sweet! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

andyfox
10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Two sweeps in a row, in a manner of speaking.

Funny, turns out the Yankees were the only team to win a game against 'em all post-season.

mikech
10-28-2004, 12:31 AM
... I
Delight to imagine them seated there;
There, on the mountain and the sky,
On all the tragic scene they stare.
One asks for mournful melodies;
Accomplished fingers begin to play.
Their eyes mid many wrinkles, their eyes,
Their ancient, glittering eyes, are gay.

Matty
10-28-2004, 12:33 AM
http://www.mydd.com/files/admin/bushcardcurse.jpg

http://www.mydd.com/story/2004/10/27/205038/00

Dynasty
10-28-2004, 12:37 AM
The Cardinals could have used a guy who can at least get the ball over the plate.

tripdad
10-28-2004, 12:43 AM
as a teen, i was a big Mets fan because as a young pitcher, i was a huge Doc Gooden fan. when mookie wilson came to the plate in '86, i ran to my room, got a mookie wilson baseball card and chanted, "mookie, mookie, mookie...." i jumped up and down with joy when buckner made the error.

then, i became a 3rd baseman. that's when i became a Bosox fan. boggs was simply awesome to me. and being from Texas, the rocket was, while nowhere near Nolan status, a hero to all. i remember playing RBI Baseball on nintendo, and always playing as the RedSox, taking all comers.

tonight was a great night. while somewhat anti-climactic because of the lack of competition, simply amazing in the way the RedSox played as a true team. and how can you not love Curt Shilling and his respect for the game and its history? Francona? fuggedaboutit. what a terrific manager(notwithstanding bringing pedro in in game 7 versus yanks).

congratulations to all the lifelong fans of the Sox, as well as those of us who needed persuasion! i'm glad it came against the cards, because they really were the best team, and to do it against the best team makes this BoSox team truly the best ever.

cheers!

tripdad
10-28-2004, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.mydd.com/files/admin/bushcardcurse.jpg

http://www.mydd.com/story/2004/10/27/205038/00

[/ QUOTE ]

not only a great President, a great baseball fan as well! thanks for the reminder, Grey. worth a few votes i should think!

cheers!

Munga30
10-28-2004, 01:12 AM
What a week!!

My daughter was born at 1:22 last monday morning, the exact minute Ortiz hit the game winning HR in game 4 of the ALCS. She's named Elizabeth for her great-grandmother, who was a very special lady. But that was her middle name, what she chose to be called, because she didn't like her given name, Ruth.

What a week!! A curse-breaking baby and the Sox win the World Series!!!

tripdad
10-28-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What a week!!

My daughter was born at 1:22 last monday morning,

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations!

cheers!

Ed Miller
10-28-2004, 02:15 AM
This rules.

youtalkfunny
10-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Thank God I've lived to see this day!

andyfox
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Red Sox suck.

So there.

John Cole
10-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Andy, thanks. It sort of wipes out the bad memory of George Smith playing second for the Sox in 1966, and brings back memories of my grandfather, with whom I stayed up every night to listen to the games on the radio, even the West Coast games, in 1967. (George Smith was his favorite player in '66 because of his passionate hatred for Yaz; my grandfather did stuff like that to drive me crazy.)

My Dad, who spent six months in the hospital a couple years ago, three months on a respirator, unconscious, and, during that time, lived through fifteen minutes of cardiac arrest, says now he can die a happy man. Overall, a good day.

Sorry about the Yankees--I mean it.

BeerMoney
10-28-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because those fans aren't old enough to be diehard enough Sox fans to appreciate what this means.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its because there are so many obnoxious yankees fans from new york and New Jersey that go to school there.