PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players! I'm confused! Please...

05-28-2002, 04:29 AM
clarify. "If U know that your opponent has a big buried pair and you have an underpair, then it's OK to chase because U will know when he obtains 2 pairs by 6th Str." Approximate quote.

Does this same reasoning hold true if U know your opponent has a concealed set on 4th. Str. and U have a drawing hand like a 4-flush or a Srt8 draw??

U will know if your opponent improves to a full house by 6th Str. if he pairs up.

Does that mean I should sometimes chase with my drawing hand??

Sitting Bull

Ps I still don't buy the "logic" of chasing a big pair with an underpair and NO over kicker in a small limit game. Maybe there is enough "dead money" in the pot in the bigger games--hence,the logic would seem reasonable--but I still wouldn't like it!

05-28-2002, 05:15 AM
Well you have to know EXACTLY what his hidden pair is, because otherwise you WON'T know if he makes trips.

As for draws vs sets, fold'em unless the pot is pretty big or your opponent's hand looks pretty dead. Otherwise, the set turns into a full house or quads often enough to make your drawing hand unprofitable.

TRLS

05-29-2002, 03:16 AM
Hi Larry,

You should chase!

First all, you will never know that you are up against concealed trips unless there have been a raising war on 4th street. So the size of the pot make chasing correct as lon as your drawing hand is live (as long as you are capable of folding a flush if he pairs his board).

Secondly, your argument holds. It is better to be up against "concealed" trips than trips including paired door card.

JN

05-29-2002, 04:17 AM
that if U don't know what your opponent's big pocket pair is,then U should not continue to play with a hand like a medium split pair and a medium

kicker??

Sitting Bull

05-29-2002, 04:32 AM
if I know for sure that my opponent has a concealed set and I have a 4-flush,I should chase--even if the pot is not large on 4th and it's head's up??

I'm thinking of the 3 possible results:

(1) I don't complete my flush

(2) I complete my flush and opponent completes full-house

(3) I complete my flush and opponent doesn't complete full-house

So opponent wins 2/3 times in the long run.

Do U still believe one should chase the set in a small limit no ante game??

I can understand chasing in a 15/30 or higher ante game where there may be sufficient dead money in the pot to make U a money favorite.

However,I fail to see the logic of chasing in a no ante small limit game.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull

05-30-2002, 04:45 AM
Hi Larry,

My point is that the pot is by definition not small on 4th street, since U will never know that you are up against concealed trips unless, the pot has been reraised on 4th street.

JN

05-30-2002, 09:12 AM
Let me be a little more concrete.

Normally there will be AT LEAST 3½ big bets in the pot, when you consider folding or calling. My chasing you are investing 3½ big bets to win at least 7 big bets. And your chances of winning is approx. 1/3 if your suit is live. Moreover U got the advantage that you can fold on 5-6 street if he makes his hand, while he has to continue when you make your flush.

JN

06-06-2002, 09:40 PM
take the rake and tokes into consideration when U determine your pot odds??

Hmmmm--Just wondering!

Sitting Bull