PDA

View Full Version : The bluff that worked too well...

Yawkey
10-27-2004, 06:54 PM
This is one that I can laugh about now, but it put me on a tilt that I was unable to recover from that night. This was a regular NL tourny that I attend every week, mostly a bunch of friends. This particular night I established control of the table rather quickly, even knocking one guy out within the first half hour of the game (this guy will become an important factor later). So on this one particular hand I recive QJs and raise as I am in a late position, and get one caller a generally weak player who wears his hand on his face.

The flop comes out 994 and the other guy places a cautious bet, which lead me to believe he was on a mid pocket pair. So with this in mind, holding two over cards, and thinking it's still early he probably wants to play a bit longer tonight I raise enough to put him all in. He ponders his play for about two minutes and is about to throw his hand away when he comes up with a new idea. He looks over at his friend who I had already kicked out and goes "What are you doing tonight? Do you want to go out drinking now?", to which his friend replied "Yeah, lets do it". To that all his chips were pushed into the middle and he got up to leave. Well he flipped over pocket 8's as I expected, and I didn't hit either Q or J on the next two cards.

Cassius
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Nice one, that was quite enjoyable I must say.

warewulf
10-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Yup, you did the right thing at the wrong time...

warewulf