PDA

View Full Version : Correct Play?

jtnt1096
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Was this the correct play?

$20 SNG at Stars. Chip leader has 5400 chips, second has 4800, and I have 3300 in 3rd place.

Blinds are 200/400 with a 25 ante.

2nd place player on the button folds. Chip leader calls from small blind. I move all in with Q-Q in big blind. Chip leader calls and turns over Kh-Qh.

Flop comes A-5-K rainbow. Next two cards are misses for both of us.

Was moving in the proper move? Or should I have just raised from the big blind and saw the flop.

lorinda
10-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Looks fine to me.

I'd only raise less here if I was going to gamble on a trap and bet even if an Ace or King came, as he called anyway, a trap was the worse of the options here and you played it perfectly.

You simply don't have the time at 200-400 to wait for a run of cards or to outplay people, chips all-in and in front is your best scenario.

Lori

kurosh
10-27-2004, 07:53 PM
You got all-in and were called with the 3rd best starting hand. What more could you want?

Phill S
10-28-2004, 06:22 AM
your all in was perfect. if he makes calls that big with KQ you should note him down as such for future reference. very poor call.

unlucky knock out but totally standard play. im guessing youd push at this blind and stack level with A9, so you play your QQ the same and cross the didgits.

Phill

mylesfdo
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Totally right move. U went in with best hand and were unlucky that he hit on flop. He shouldnt have called anyway as is very reckless at that level.

With blinds that high u had to take a chance and were just unlucky..........happened to me loads so not just u!!

smudgex68
10-28-2004, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He shouldnt have called anyway as is very reckless at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view his call with KQ was correct but I may be reckless

Cleveland Guy
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He shouldnt have called anyway as is very reckless at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view his call with KQ was correct but I may be reckless

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a call with KQ is very player dependant here. Against a tight player, I'm folding my KQ to an all in. But to a player that is pushing many hands pre flop and trying to steal blinds I might think this is a place I'm taking a stand.

Lots of players will push with a lot of hands KQ is either a coin flip with or a small or huge favorite against.