PDA

View Full Version : Shaving quiz

tek
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Sponger15SB
10-27-2004, 04:51 PM
I swear by my Mach 3. I've also got like the vibrating one that doesn't really cut closer yet it gives me a smoother shave.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
you shave?

I too also have the mach 3 turbo vibrating thingy, I like it, it gives my face an orgasm.

beerbandit
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
schick----ive had only two razor handles since i was in seventh grade, im 24 now. i was actually a little sad when my first razor broke from use. i have a beard trimmer that i use most of the time, i use a razor maybe once a week. im not clean shaven either, its must easier to shave around my beard or sideburns with the schick tracer than a mach 3 thats for sure--(i tried one once--i received it free in the mail).

cheers
beer

beerbandit
10-27-2004, 04:53 PM
is that what all that white [censored] on your face was.

--beer

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:57 PM
no, there is no ejaculation going on.

namknils
10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
I can't stand the commercials for the Schick Quatro, they drive me crazy, and for that I will never own one.

"Four blades, when will it stop?...HERE!" The idiots.

scotnt73
10-28-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I swear by my Mach 3. I've also got like the vibrating one that doesn't really cut closer yet it gives me a smoother shave.

[/ QUOTE ]

i too like the mach 3. ill have to give the vibrating razor thing a shot since you guys recomend it so highly. i ran out of blades this morning anyway.

daveymck
10-28-2004, 09:07 AM
We dont have Schick here so has to be Gillette, although I have been using a electric the last year.

fsuplayer
10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
yeah, the m3 power is awesome.

now if only i had the matching car.

MarkL444
10-28-2004, 12:43 PM
an electric will save you a few minutes every morning.

scotnt73
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
an electric will save you a few minutes every morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

not me it wont. i dont use shaving cream or soap. i wash my face good while in the shower in the morning and shave,brush hair, brush teeth immediately upon exiting the shower while my face is still wet. i havent used shaving cream since high school and i might cut myself twice a year total. as long as the razon is sharp i never cut myself. i will cut myself with a CHEAP disposable razor almost every time.

Diplomat
10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
You guys have it all wrong. Get a straight razor. I recommend Thiers-Issard, but they might be hard to find. Besides cutting myself less (ironically), they are much more enjoyable to shave with.

-Diplomat

beerbandit
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
ive always wanted to try a straight razor or get a shave at the barber with one.

is it really worth the price that you are paying for the Thiers-Issard (http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec?J93) and what type of maintenance do they require.

thanks

cheers
beer

astroglide
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
everything i've read about them indicates that they are difficult to use properly, time consuming, require moderate amounts of care, and do not shave as closely as modern razors unless you step into skin-cutting zones. i looked into it a while back, presumably when i had time to shave. i do enjoy shaving but i don't have the time. could be wrong but it seemed to be the popular impression.

turnipmonster
10-28-2004, 02:18 PM
I am the same way, I never use shaving cream and don't get burn or cuts or anything else.

--turnipmonster

ThaSaltCracka
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am the same way, I never use shaving cream and don't get burn or cuts or anything else.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really weird, I use the gel and never get cuts or burns.

Diplomat
10-28-2004, 02:36 PM
IMO it's worth the price to get the best razor you can -- it definitely makes a difference. The full setup can be somewhat expensive, because you need a strop and badger brush to shave properly, and probably a small sharpening stone. But once you have all the gear, you are good to go for about 15 years (except for soap).

-Diplomat