PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower series

sublime
10-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey all-

The last book in the series i read was "wizard and glass" and it was probably back in 97/98. if i pick up "wolves" am i gonna be lost?

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:08 PM
well, I am sure you missed some epic battles and probably the deaths of some heros, you know, typical fantasy stuff.

BTW, never read it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

liquidboss
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Well Wizard and Glass is book 4 and Wolves of the Calla is 5 so you wouldn't have missed anything, although you may have forgotten what happened in Wizard and Glass during that time. I think you'll be fine if you pick it back up again with Wolves, Wizard and Glass is pretty much all in the past and Wolves picks back up in the "present" or whatever you want to call it.

They are all excellent books BTW. I just finished Song of Susannah and will be reading the finale soon. I can't believe it is finally done, people have been waiting for these books for 25 years.

sublime
10-27-2004, 04:26 PM
lol, its the next book in the "saga" do i dont think i missed anyhthing.

maybe it will be out for PS2 someday /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:31 PM
haha, maybe. I don't read many books anyways, but I have always liked Tolkiens stuff. Probably read that series 3 or 4 times.

hutz
10-27-2004, 08:48 PM
If it's been that long since you read the first few books, I suggest starting over from the beginning before picking up with Wolves. I suggest that not because you will have missed anything, but because it's such a wonderful series and you're more likely to enjoy re-reading the first books (assuming you like to re-read good books) more if you read them before continuing the rest of the series rather than reading them afterwards.

ohkanada
10-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Thats what I have done. Reread the 1st 3 before reading the newer ones. I am mid-way through #6 and then the final book.

Ken

PhatTBoll
10-27-2004, 11:38 PM
I just finished #7 last week. Sure, there will be some stuff you forgot about but all the important things will fall into place once you get a few chapters in.