PDA

View Full Version : Party Tournament Leader Board

ThorGoT
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm curious about the Party tournament leader board, after noting that I'm at about 200th on both the monthly and weekly lists. But I've got nothing to compare this too. Can anyone provide some data points, for what kind of single-table tournament results correspond to what kind of leaderboard position? Or, alternatively, does anyone know the formula -- i.e., how the points are calculated? Thanks much!

viennagreen
10-27-2004, 05:27 PM
here's the link to how party calculates their leader board points: http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/leader_board/tournament_leaderboard_nov.html

In order to make the monthly leaderboard, you need to gain about 300 points per day... It ends up being about 5 or 6 1st or 2nd places per day.

ilya
10-27-2004, 09:27 PM
My problem with the Party leaderboard is that they don't take ITM% into account. As a result, I suspect the leaderboard is a mix of great players and players who just play a whole lot.
On the other hand this format appeals to my RPG-fanboy side. I like the idea that hard work and perseverance have a chance against natural talent. I'm not prepared to defend the implication that high ITM% = high natural talent with things such as "logic" or "sense."