PDA

View Full Version : Changes from PP 5+1 to 10+1

colpres
10-27-2004, 02:13 PM
After studying the Aleomagus guide from the Forum and reading every post associated with those threads, I embarked on my first effort to win PP sit and gos. After 100 trials, I was ITM 44 times (12 1st, 14 2nd, 18 3rd) with a net gain of $97 dollars. If I move to the PP 10s, will there be a significant difference in the style of play or level of talent of the players? Small bankroll that I want to slowly build is the reason for starting in the $5s, but have to hate that 20%!

Also, if I had played exactly the same set of games, results, etc., at Ultimatebet, the lower fee of $.5/tourny vs $1 would have given me a net of $147 vs $97. However, these tournies, without careful tracking on my part, seem harder. Does the difference in structure between the 2 (UB higher start of $1000, slower increase in blinds, different players, whatever)require major adjustments from the style of play recommended in the Beating the Party guide?
Any feedback very much appreciated.

eastbay
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Identical. Change nothing. And read the FAQ.

eastbay

wjmooner
10-27-2004, 02:39 PM
There is little to no difference between the 5 and 10$ SnG on Party. You should either move up to the 10$ immediately or move your money to another site that only charges the .50 in rake. That 10% vig will drag you down.

Many players, myself included, play mostly at Pokerstars. I have heard good things about Pokerroom as well.

I started at UB and had good success there, but I find the competition to be the toughest at UB. Tougher than Stars on average.

chris

Klak
10-27-2004, 03:11 PM
theres no difference in play from the 5+1 to the 30+3. the 10+1 might even be easier.

smoore
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm convinced that $10 SnG players are just $5 SnG players that won the day before. Very few thinking players, lots of over the top LAG action. As a for instance, I just played one where UTG raised 4x, I fold my KJs UTG+1, CO reraises, UTG reraises allin, CO calls. CO had 99, UTG had 33. What the holy PopePoop is going on?