PDA

View Full Version : Cologne

Topflight
10-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Aqua Di Gio
Reaction by Kenneth Cole

I stopped using Aqua even though every girl I've ever talked to loves it. It just seems to standard. I got the Reaction and I like it, but I'm jealous of my friends Chanel.

Chanel seems to have a classy, in the know, type of image. Wow, you wear Chanel? Plus it smells incredible.

What do you guys wear?

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Not a big cologne wearer myself. I have noticed that a lot of guys who wear it wear way too much. I shouldnt be able to taste your cologne when you walk into the room. Not saying you fall in that category.

TheSaltCracka prefers beer/burrito by Ralph Lauren /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Reef
10-27-2004, 02:16 PM
aqua is pimp.. my gf gave it to me

Tommy also does the trick for going out- more musky

On cheap ass days, it's adidas moves

MrGo
10-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I use Aqua myself. I used to use Obsession but it seemed to fruity.

Aqua for me!

beerbandit
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
i shouldnt have read the other posts first

thats weird---when i do wear colgne (maybe twice a week) its aqua di gio----my old gf loved it and like it best also, i think i ve been wearing it for about 4-5 years maybe---isnt that armani

all the rest of the time im gonna have to go with cracker here beer/burrito, actually more beer/so co for me

cheer
beer

sfer
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Aqua di Parma
Eau D'Orange Verte

In small quantities. There's nothing more annoying than standing next to someone with a clear splashing problem.

Topflight
10-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I usually do one spray on my neck, and another wider spray on the front of my shirt. I don't think it is too much. I think too little is worse than too much, especially if you are going to be around girls.

The OMG you smell soooo good reaction is just to good to give up by being worried about overapplication. I find that most people who complain about people wearing too much never even wear it themselves. Trust me, the dood who is wearing too much is doing better in the aroma department than you are by wearing none.

tek
10-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Aqua Velva

Sponger15SB
10-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I hate the smell of cologne but most girls i've talked to prefer Aqua di Gio

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TheSaltCracka prefers beer/burrito by Ralph Lauren /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I ever wear cologne, its either Tommy or Polo Sport. I am not a big cologne guy though.

Topflight
10-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Sponger,

Don't you also choose not to wear deodorent? I hope you at least brush your teeth and wipe your ass.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 03:35 PM
hahah, seriously, who wipes their ass?

Blarg
10-27-2004, 03:35 PM
The guy who is wearing too much or thinks wearing too much actually helps is not someone I think who gets all that much or doesn't have too work way harder than everyone else to get it with way uglier women.

Women have a better sense of smell than men, do, too. You can go from "smooth" to "slick" if you're not careful. I've seen women talk lots of times and laugh about guys wearing too much cologne. Believe me, you don't want one woman who caught a snootful of your "odor" walking over to her friends and laughing it up with them about you.

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger,

Don't you also choose not to wear deodorent? I hope you at least brush your teeth and wipe your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you equate something cosmetic with things you do for good hygeine? Yeah I take back what I said. You are definitely a guy who wears too much cologne.

sublime
10-27-2004, 03:37 PM
which cologne does your CPU prefer you to wear?

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 03:38 PM
fyi, the english language has this thing called a coma.

Topflight
10-27-2004, 03:39 PM
On another note. There is an exit on the way home from work that always makes me think of playing $50 NL. Exit 155B

Blarg
10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fyi, the english language has this thing called a coma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should learn the rules of punctuation before making remarks that are both stupid and unnecessary.

Or if you're just full of piss today, how about just going and kicking the dog?

One more thing, work on your capitalization skills, as long as we're glorying in being petty and stupid.

sublime
10-27-2004, 03:44 PM

this is TSC's constant "mood"

calling him a moron usually results in him putting up the white flag

sublime
10-27-2004, 03:50 PM
BTW-

its COMMA

Topflight
10-27-2004, 03:53 PM
"So you equate something cosmetic with things you do for good hygeine? Yeah I take back what I said. You are definitely a guy who wears too much cologne. "

You are saying cologne is cosmetic and the others are necessities.

If the only reason you brush your teeth and wipe your ass is so that you maintain a minimum level of acceptable hygiene, this discussion probably doesn't pertain to you.

Now please hit alt+tab and visit your gf on your other IE window.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:02 PM
whatever, my point still stands. Capitilization does not matter on here, [censored] even spelling doesn't matter, but when you type something that is essentially 3 or 4 sentences and put it in one sentence, then commas /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif should be included. Otherwise it is a jarbled mess of thoughts without any cohesion(I don't care if this word is spelled wrong /images/graemlins/mad.gif)

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

this is TSC's constant "mood"

calling him a moron usually results in him putting up the white flag

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't make me do it Sublime /images/graemlins/mad.gif, cuz I will, plus I won't buy you a beer if you come to Sea-town. The ball is in your court my friend.

sublime
10-27-2004, 04:06 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:07 PM
That wasn't a complete sentence.

tolbiny
10-27-2004, 04:12 PM
NO- But this is.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bulldog
10-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Axe it.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 04:14 PM
good show guys.

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are saying cologne is cosmetic and the others are necessities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job. You mustve aced your verbals on the SAT.

[ QUOTE ]
If the only reason you brush your teeth and wipe your ass is so that you maintain a minimum level of acceptable hygiene, this discussion probably doesn't pertain to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hygeine would be the primary reason you do those things. Other things are positive side effects.

[ QUOTE ]
Now please hit alt+tab and visit your gf on your other IE window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the only thing I've got going in my other window is watching your mom get railed on fatmoms.com. Here is some advice from a guy who laid more pipe than the plumbers union in college..it takes more than an overdose of cologne and a Members Only jacket. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Blarg
10-27-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whatever, my point still stands. Capitilization does not matter on here, [censored] even spelling doesn't matter, but when you type something that is essentially 3 or 4 sentences and put it in one sentence, then commas should be included. Otherwise it is a jarbled mess of thoughts without any cohesion(I don't care if this word is spelled wrong )

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, why make me repeat it? Learn the rules of punctuation yourself. You clearly do not know them, as proven definitively by your making your initial comment in the first place. Do you see why? Stop embarassing yourself.

Since you're for some reason thrilled with bringing all this stuff up, despite not having even a rudimentary knowledge of what you're talking about, you might as well go the distance. Clean up your spelling and your problems with capitalization, while you're so busy being fussy and criticizing others. That might help at least somewhat in securing the saddle on your high horse.

It's very ironic that of all people, you -- someone who doesn't understand punctuation -- are making such a big point of telling someone who actually does understand it how to punctuate. I'm sorry if you're not educated enough to understand the irony yourself. A little prudence would do you some good here.

Blarg
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it takes more than an overdose of cologne and a Members Only jacket

[/ QUOTE ]

That one definitely got a laugh out of me.

Edge34
10-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Axe, while decent, is not cologne. It costs $4 and comes in a spray can. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The last bottle of cologne I got was Cool Water by Davidoff, but I smelled the Aqua di Gio and may have to go with that next. There was another one I loved, but I can't remember the name...

Mars357
10-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Emporio by Armani....

Sooga
10-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Depends on my mood... but the 3 colognes in my bathroom right now are:

Black (Kenneth Cole)
Coolwater
Nautica

I think I like Nautica the best though.

SomethingClever
10-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Every morning I dip my balls in a bucket of Cool Water.

Not really, I don't wear cologne.

The Ocho
10-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Burberry Touch.

Before that it was Polo Sport.

Both are very girl-friendly.

Sponger15SB
10-27-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if you read the deodorent thread i wear old spice.

Btw wiping your ass is -EV

Topflight
10-27-2004, 11:18 PM
"Actually the only thing I've got going in my other window is watching your mom get railed on fatmoms.com. Here is some advice from a guy who laid more pipe than the plumbers union in college..it takes more than an overdose of cologne and a Members Only jacket. "

My mom is fat and ugly, so you probably were enjoying the video. I am going to take the laying pipe comment literlly, because I know you aren't referring to sex.

I can tell by this post that you are poor and have no style. So you defend yourself by insinuating that you laid a lot of women by having so much skill that you could overcome the odors flowing from your untrimmed zit filled armpits. I'll believe that you played the numbers game and managed to lay a few ladies from the left side of the bell curve.

Oh wait, this just in. Jennifer, your ex gf emailed me her picture:

http://www.chadmeeks.com/Images/ugly16.jpg

Topflight
10-27-2004, 11:19 PM
"Btw wiping your ass is -EV "

Then not wiping is more -EV

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can tell by this post that you are poor and have no style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty perceptive of you being able to tell all that from words on a screen. Its obvious you must be rich since you have a BMW logo for your avatar. Is that the same BMW logo you hang from the fake gold chain around your neck?

Topflight
10-27-2004, 11:41 PM
platinum baby, platinum

scotnt73
10-28-2004, 08:52 AM
ive always prefered plain ol polo myself. sometime i wear cool water. i dont wear cologne to work though because i dont like the smell of some peoples cologne/(perfume for women) so i dont want to force it on other people while im working on thier pc. i only wear it in the evenings when the wife and I are going out.

Topflight
10-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey Scotnt,

Aren't you planning to quit your job at some point for poker? How far along are you on that quest?

citanul
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Wow, no one wears what I wear...

Romance, by Ralph Lauren.

I'm pretty sure it's the most popular cologne in the world, which kinda sucks, since it wasn't when I started wearing it. I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't love the smell.

For the guy who does two sprays:

Unless it causes you a rash or something, spray on your stomach, not your clothes, then do a quick spread around with your inner wrists. Amongst many other reasons, when you take your shirt off you'll still smell good, and your clothes won't have cologne in them, if they're like, dry clean only, or whatever.

Also, unless you're a midget, don't bother with the spray on the neck. Scents generally rise, so unless a girl is taller than you, she's not going to be enjoying that cologne. If she's just the hight where her nose is right at your neck, she's likely to be repelled by the overexposure if that close.

citanul

scotnt73
10-28-2004, 11:08 AM
i make more some weeks in 20 hours than i do working 40 hours(im easily beating 3/6 right now). once i can beat 5/10 shorthanded(i crushed 1/2 short for several months while building my bankroll) i will have the potential to consistantly make more than i do at work.

however i have a great job in networking that i do enjoy so once i move up to 5/10 permanatly i may just start enjoying the extra cash while building a comfortable roll for the higher limits.

if i ever get layed off it wont hurt my feelings much because of poker but i think for now ill focus on paying down on a house and making the morgage payments with poker money.

Topflight
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
citanul,

Thanks for the advice

scotnt,

I'm trying to get to 5/10 6max as well. I'm trying to make the move back from NL to limit, but going the shorthanded route. All I can say is, swing city!!

augie00
10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Mambo by Claiborne...drives 'em wild

Topflight
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Happy for Men

I had a gf that was in love with that cologne so I wore it all the time. It smells great but it's kinda fruity. I'm not sure I could sport it without a request. But man does it smell good.

tek
10-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I use Hai Karate and Paco Rabonne /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SomethingClever
10-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Two words: Sex Panther.

wacki
10-28-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty perceptive of you being able to tell all that from words on
a screen. Its obvious you must be rich since you have a BMW logo for your
avatar. Is that the same BMW logo you hang from the fake gold chain around
your neck?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
platinum baby, platinum

[/ QUOTE ]

http://tinypic.com/epufm

Lawrence Ng
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
I've gotten a lot of praises for the Armani Fragrance. It's very nice and it's my favorite. I also have Nautica, Eternity, and Hilfiger.

I like to change them around from time to time so that the natural body odors don't absorb them as fast. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lawrence Ng
10-28-2004, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hahah, seriously, who wipes their ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you don't use your left hand to wipe your ass? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DukeSucks
10-28-2004, 08:30 PM
A few of my favorites:

Chanel Allure Sport
Armani Mania
Polo Blue
Romance Silver
the new Realities for men is pretty good, it's different

Topflight
10-28-2004, 11:19 PM
"http://tinypic.com/epufm"

haha, god damn he is hot

WC64
10-29-2004, 09:52 AM
I wear Tommy

scotnt73
10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wear Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

dont your legs get tired? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nicky g
10-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Don't wear cologne much but when I do its Chanel Egoiste or Chanel Egoiste Platinum (more often the latter). What I like about not wearing it much is that when I do put it on, the smell stimulates a part of my brain that makes me realise I am off to do something fun/important, in a way that just thinking about what I am doing doesn't. Poorly expressed but hopefully you get what I mean.

Topflight
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I honestly don't wear mine that much. I wear it to work only occassionaly. So it is usually just when I am going to go out, which is once or twice a week.

It is part of getting dressed up, and I really associate it with having a good time as well.

nicky g
10-29-2004, 10:22 AM
"It is part of getting dressed up"

Yus, that's what I was trying to say.