PDA

View Full Version : Why is voting restricted to a single day?

ilya
10-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Is it just because of administrative costs?

It seems like voter turnout would increase substantially if voting took place over a week or even just 2-3 days.

TomCollins
10-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Look around, it already does. I voted yesterday.

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
There is this thing called the Constitution...

JimBob2232
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
the media cant even wait for the polls to close in the state now! cant fathom them holding back a whole WEEK!

ilya
10-27-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? That's a mighty silly reason for doing something one way or another.
But even if you respect the Constitution more than I do, you obviously can still amend it. So you haven't answered my question at all.
Anyway...I know that early voting is allowed in many states, but I was wondering more why this wasn't the case everywhere.

MrSoul
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we should have a civil war, and the candidate with the stronger army becomes president. This is a more fair option than using the silly laws of the US Constitution.

tek
10-27-2004, 03:55 PM
I think it's due to the fact that rigging an election over a multi-day period would be too much extra work /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

mmbt0ne
10-27-2004, 07:46 PM
I voted over a week ago. There's no reason you can't vote early, you just can't do it at your assigned polling station. Usually you have to go to a county or other regional office.

wacki
10-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I voted yesterday.

Absentee ballot at the county office.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
I think it's due to the fact that rigging an election over a multi-day period would be too much extra work

I think it would make foul play easier.

vulturesrow
10-27-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have seen in this forum, and that is saying quite a bit.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-27-2004, 10:45 PM
No offense, but WTF is so hard about getting out and voting on election day? I mean, it's not like you don't know what day it's going to be like years in advance.

wacki
10-27-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have seen in this forum, and that is saying quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I don't think I've ever heard you say that before. I agree though.....

<font color="pink"> I mean, like who cares? Like, it's just a dirty old piece of paper. Why do we care what it says? That's so stupid.</font>

... ok I'm a jerk ... but that comment deserved it.

I think the comment about how the US shouldn't be in Iraq because we are killing children and "intelligence carries no meaningful information and is no basis on which to go to war" are now 2 &amp; 3 in my book.

Constructive criticism: You should of said "Well then maybe we should have an amendment." Also, you could just vote absentee like I did. If it makes you feel any better I drunk post alot and say stupid stuff too.

Good luck, and think before you post!