PDA

View Full Version : How to play rush of good cards

Kerplunk
10-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have general thoughts on how to maximize value when you get a bunch of good or vgood starting cards in a short period of time? Obviously, if you get involved in or raise a lot of hands in a short period, your table image is going to look loose/aggressive, even if you have the goods starting out. Do you like to slow play some hands during a rush? Keep to your usual betting strategy? Try to overbet a couple hands (especially the monsters) to induce a loose call and accentuate the LAG table image (and then shift gears from there)? If you've been raising with a string of good hands, do you show a couple uncalled hands, or keep 'em guessing?

I know, a lot depends on the situation and table, but i'm just not totally satisfied with my play when I get a bunch of good cards. Obviously, worrying about how to play all those great hands is a "good" problem to have, but I don't feel like I'm maximizing value, or at least controlling the situation as much as I could be.

Sorry if this thread's been done recently. I did some browsing and searching, and couldn't find anything.