PDA

View Full Version : So I received a package from PokerNow today...

cab4656
10-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I excitedly opened the big yellow envelope, expecting to find the "Sklansky on Poker" that I had requested. Instead, I find a blue book with some chips on it. Oh no, it's the Lee Jones book! I have no use for this book. I would've rather had any of the other offered books.

Anyone have a similar experience? I think I'm going to e-mail them to try to get another book out of this.

Alobar
10-27-2004, 01:15 PM
the lee jones book is a good book

dolphinwhore
10-27-2004, 01:26 PM
LOL, that sux. What were the chips for?

Sponger15SB
10-27-2004, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chips are pictured on the cover of that book.

BradleyT
10-27-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need them when you follow Lee Jones' advice!

AtlBrvs4Life
10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
They ran out of Sklansky on Poker, but fortunately for me, they sent me an e-mail giving me a choice of some more books.

TylerD
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
How do I specify which book I would like?

cab4656
10-27-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the lee jones book is a good book

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it is a fine book and I would recommend it to any new hold 'em player. However, I myself have very little (if anything) to learn from it.

The way some people talk on here, I expected it to be a below average-to-average book. I was surprised by how good some of the information in here is. I did not expect to see Jones discuss concepts like raising draws for value and backdoor draws.

Waiting on a response from PokerNow, I'll let everyone here know how this goes.

AtlBrvs4Life
10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do I specify which book I would like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoot an e-mail over to support@blueskieslimited.com specifying which book you would like. Here are the choices they gave me two days ago.

1. Internet Texas Hold'em (by Matthew Hilgar)
2. Bobby Baldwin's Winning Poker Secrets (written by Mike Caro)
3. Small Stakes Hold'em (By David Sklansky)
4. How to Beat Low-Limit 7-Card Stud Poker (by Paul Kammen)

lastcoyote
10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
I have to choose a new alt also. Any recommendations between

[ QUOTE ]
1. Internet Texas Hold'em (by Matthew Hilgar)
2. Bobby Baldwin's Winning Poker Secrets (written by Mike Caro)

[/ QUOTE ]

???

I'm trying to focus on learning hold'em and already own SSHE.

Hung
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Am I too late for a book?
Was it a bonus like shark? Was it possible to do both? Shark and the book?
I'd like to have a book too /images/graemlins/crazy.gif for my library, not that I was going to read it /images/graemlins/smile.gif hehe

Alobar
10-27-2004, 04:10 PM
internet texas holdem blows....thats about all I can tell you. Id take the SSH and then sell it on ebay personally, or take it down to Borders and say it was a gift and exchange it

lastcoyote
10-27-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
internet texas holdem blows....thats about all I can tell you. Id take the SSH and then sell it on ebay personally, or take it down to Borders and say it was a gift and exchange it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I guess that's the only +EV option.

cab4656
10-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Well, they are letting me keep the WLLH and allowing me to select a new book. Options were Bobby Baldwin's Winning Poker Secrets, SSH, HPFAP, Internet Texas Hold Em, and a low-limit stud book by Kassen. I almost got the low limit stud book because stud is something I want to learn, but I decided against it because I hadn't heard much about the book at all (a 2+2 search for the author's name returned one result that didn't say much). I decided on Internet Texas Hold Em. Doubt I can learn much from it, but it'll look nice next to WLLH whenever I want to check a beginner's book for whatever reason.

lastcoyote
10-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Got an e-mail the other day from Poker Now saying that they ran out of the book I requested which was "Sklansky on Poker". They gave me some other choices. I hadn't even had a chance to reply to them yet and I went out to the mailbox today and much to my surprise I received the book I requested + a Poker Now t-shirt + a Poker Now pen. Already cashed out my $200 shark bonus too. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Luv2DriveTT
11-01-2004, 07:20 PM
The code is still valid. Email jane@blueskieslimited.com for more info, I did today.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I am glad to hear you are considering switching to our site. Currently the shark code is offering a 20% up to $100 bonus for 5 times raked hands. We will be offering a reload bonus in mid November with very similiar bonus for people who have made a deposit in October.

We are also offering this month a free book and t-shirt for people who sign up and make a deposit in October.

If you do sing up, please send me your user id and mailing address and I will make sure the book is sent to you. It can take up to 2-3 weeks to receive via post, depending on where you live.

Thanks for considering our site!

Regards,
Card Room Manager
PokerNow.com

[/ QUOTE ]

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif