PDA

View Full Version : This ever happened to you?

SixgunSam
10-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Playing a $30 SnG on stars. Final 5 players. I am chip leader with about 5000. Blinds are 100/200. 5th place guy has 600 left in the SB and pushes. I call with a 73 because of pot odds, I luck out and beat his AQ. A few hands later, I get 44 in the BB. I make a set and bust another guy out who had KQ and hit the K. 3 Players left, I have 67 in the BB. Flop comes down A96. Other guy bets, I call. Turn another blank, he checks to me, I bet, he raises, but I don't think he is that strong, so I re-raise all-in. The guy makes the call with a 9. It was obviously a bad read by me, but I luck out and catch a 7 on the river. Now this guy starts freaking out and says I have a program that tells me what cards are coming next. He is serious. I have to endure the last portion of the game hearing about how I am cheating and know what cards are coming next. This guy would not let it go. It was funny, but also sort of frusterating, considering I lost at least 4 hands where I was way ahead. If I did have a machine that told me what cards were coming next, I would have a lot better ROI than I do now. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

pshreck
10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes I have. Its much funnier when after they take that beat, they say something like "you keep playing your 30 dollar tournaments, I make 500,000 a year on poker, MORON".

smoore
10-27-2004, 01:22 PM
haha, everyone on stars seems to make millions playing there, wonder who all the fish are?

bmedwar
10-27-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was funny, but also sort of frusterating, considering I lost at least 4 hands where I was way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars lets you block the chat of specific players. Right click on their icon. We people talk smack to me, I become highly motivated to beat them.

Bremen
10-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Well I had a tourney yesterday where the same guy knocked out 4 people on the first 3 hands. He had half the chips after 3 hands. Everytime time someone went allin he started typing "ha hah ha" etc etc. Then another guy got knocked out on the 4th hand. Just crazy, halfway through level 2 and we're down to 4 players. My normal strategy with 4 people left is to go wild and steal crazy. Hard to do when you're just stealing 45 chips :-\

TheRempel
10-28-2004, 02:34 AM
I pushed a guy all in when he re-raised me yesterday in a $20+2 SNG yesterday in the fourth level. I figured he was defending his blind, but he called, showing JTos.

I had 92 and hit a two on the flop to take out his unimproved hand.

He was not amused and suggested I was cheating somehow.

I don't know why he called a raise for all his chips with J10, but people just cannot take the beats.

mylesfdo
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Had someone call me a scanner once if that is same thing. Could u not have just disabled this blokes chat??