PDA

View Full Version : $3-6 scenario, player bluffs at 3rd flush card

ChicagoTroy
10-27-2004, 10:30 AM
I see this quite a bit: the flop shows two flush cards, when a third one spikes on the river a player with no hand or a very weak one makes a bluff.

What criteria do you look at when deciding whether to call this type of bet? From a passive opponent, it's pretty clear, but I have seen this from several players who aren't necessarily good, just not passive. What I've been looking at is:

Player's passivity
Pot size
# of other players in the pot
Whether another player has called the bluff

SCfuji
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
i think the # of players is the most important. if the villain is a moron he will bluff into a group of hands, but if the villain isn't a moron respect his/her bet for *at least* one big card of the suit.

then i would see if i have notes on the players aggressiveness. if it is within normal bounds i would really think about the villain holding the flush. if the aggression is super high, i will raise hoping to bluff out the others as well as throw in another bet on any future street(s) to push him out (as long as i had a hand i could showdown, just in case).

if somebody else insists they have a right to be in the pot, i would fold.

if the pot is big and there are only 3 to the flush, you probably want to call down most of the time if you have a hand.