PDA

View Full Version : World Series anti-climatic

TheGrifter
10-27-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm as juiced as anyone about each world series game...but it seems like there was so much more overall excitement during the Yankees series. There were rally's and thousands of people partying after the wins in that series and not much going on at all now. Isn't THIS supposed to be the important one?

bwana devil
10-27-2004, 10:30 AM
You're watching what could be the greatest sports turnaround in US history. How could that be boring?

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Sox up 3-0 = boring for everyone who isn't a sox fan. Its just like last year, the LCS's were much better than the WS.

2planka
10-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Ain't over yet, but I'm rather surprised at my own confidence. That feeling of impending doom just isn't there this year (the 19-8 ALCS game 3 drubbing not withstanding). Wonder what it'll be like if/when they win it.

I remember hearing the meatheads chanting "Yankees Suck" in Kenmore square after the Patriots won their first SB. Seemed a bit misplaced, but that's how deep the sense of dread was. Maybe it's gone for good.

TheGrifter
10-27-2004, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're watching what could be the greatest sports turnaround in US history. How could that be boring?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question exactly.

andyfox
10-27-2004, 01:45 PM
There were some exciting games in that series (and in the Houston/St. Louis series too). First game featured a no-hitter (perfect game?) for six innings, then an incredible rally by Boston to cut an 8-0 lead to 8-7. Second game was a tense 3-1 pitcher's duel. Third game was a shocker, 19-8. Fourth game featured the Sox tying the game in the 9th and went 12 innings. Fifth game saw the Sox catch up in the 8th, then have numerous chances to win it, only to be stifled, then finally prevailing in the 14th. Sixth game had the A-Rod incident and the drama of Curt Schilling coming back from the dead, as well as the Yankees bringing the winning run to bat in the bottom of the 9th. And the seventh game, while not an exciting game was, well, a 7th game, which is always exciting in and of itself, and especially so in this case, given what happened in the 7th game between the two teams last year and since the Red Sox finally got past their arch-rival.

The highlights of this series have been the Sox making eight errors in the fist two games, yet winning, and the Cardinals running the bases like a last place little league team in game 3. The Cards just haven't played very well, so there's been little drama. (The Cards/Astros series was exciting too.)

In some sense, there's more excitement in getting to the World Series than in winning it, I suppose, but for Red Sox fans, who haven't seen a World Series winner, I'm sure there is excitement aplenty.

Uston
10-27-2004, 01:50 PM
I think I speak for all Red Sox fans when I say that the top of the eighth inning in game one provided an entire series full of excitement.