PDA

View Full Version : I think I made the right play on all 3 of these hands - please confirm

Cleveland Guy
10-27-2004, 10:08 AM
I was playing last night in the 11PM Pokerroom $10+1. 230 Entrants.

With about 80 to go I had a good run and put myself in the top 5. I stayed there until about 25 left when I misplayed my QQ and knocked myself down to the middle of the pack.

I ended up finishing 16th - due I think to a bad run of cards. I do have 3 hands in question that I want to make sure I played right.

Hand #1 - I am the BB. Blinds are 500/1000. I have about 13,000 We are at 23 left, top 20 pay.
I have A8o.

3 Limpers, then the SB Goes all in for about 6,500. I fold.

Hand #2 We are down to 19 left. Blinds are at 600/1200, I am in MP with about 17,500 chips and look at AKo. UTG goes all in for about 9,000. I raise all in.

Hand #3 We have 16 left. Blinds are at 800/1600. I have aout 7,000 left. I am UTG and have 77. I push all in.

Any plays I should have made differently?

tigerite
10-27-2004, 10:12 AM
What happened between hands 2 and 3 to make you lose 10000? Yeah, you have to push here, with only just over 4xBB. It's almost an "any two cards" situation to push, so with 77 I'd say now or never.

The only marginal one is hand #1, really. I think SB has a small pocket pair - he's just had to post 500 and is fast approaching 5xBB stage so he'll be likely to push. Especially with all those juicy 1000's to pick up. If you push yourself all-in you'll thin it to be heads up, it depends how many are on the table though, and the likelihood any of them are slowplaying a monster by limping. Heck he might even have KQ and then you're 3:2 favourite..

Cleveland Guy
10-27-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What happened between hands 2 and 3 to make you lose 10000? Yeah, you have to push here, with only just over 4xBB. It's almost an "any two cards" situation to push, so with 77 I'd say now or never.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost hand 2. But I realized I had mistyped my villians stack. he had 9,000 not 19,000. I made an edit, so I guess it's a little more obvious now.

Chief911
10-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I think you played all 3 of those just fine. Hard to call an allin with A8, you have got to push here with AK, so you have proper odds, and very well could have him beat. 3rd hand is nothign special either. Just a bummer of a run.

Nick

Cleveland Guy
10-27-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played all 3 of those just fine. Hard to call an allin with A8,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty sure the guy was trying to steal. If I was last to act I'm probably thinking call, but with 3 limpers still to act, I pushed the fold button.

tigerite
10-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Yeah. Hand 1 is very tricky, I would be torn between the all-in or fold. However given my stack at the time (13xBB) I may be inclined to risk it, as it'll hopefully scare the rest to fold, and take my chances against the SB. I'm not crippled if it doesn't work out, and if I do win it, then I've got enough chips to push around the others a bit.

DONTUSETHIS
10-27-2004, 11:06 AM
The last two hands I think that you made the best possible decision. The only hand with some thought would be the first hand to me. If he had pushed on me before I would be a lot more inclined to call him. I think at the worst you are even money with him if not a good fav over a hand like KQ. Given this I think that you would be favorite to the range of hands he could do this with. I would consider these three factors in deciding to call or not
1. My current standing in the tourney ( call more with a huge stack or something that was around 12th or so)
2. The pay scale ( if the second table all gets paid the same I am more inclined to make moves to get in position to make the top three money).
3. If i could still cash if I called and lost or would me stack be too crippled to even survive the next three places.