PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play this structure?

05-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Just wondering if any one has ever played a structure where there is one limit for all the streets, but the last street is no-limit? Thought it was an interesting, but scary, invention. Definitely got my palms sweating betting my aces the whole way, but knowing I'd have to give it up when someone raised me their whole stack on the end. Luckily never came to that. Any comments?

05-13-2002, 04:55 PM

05-14-2002, 01:32 AM
bet is some constant--let's say "B" on Strs. 3 thru 6 , and I was driving one or two big pairs ,but my opponent seemed to have made a drawing hand like a Str8 or flush,then I would go "all-in" on 7th Str.

The trick is to buy about 2(B)+an additional small amount where U can't be hurt financially by making the last call--U will go "all-in". Hence,your opponent would have to have the "goods" in order for him to make a play on 7th Str.--U will almost always go "all-in" with the additional small amount of money in front of U.

Hence,he will rarely be able to bluff U on 7th.

Well,if he has the "goods" U lose an additional small amount and make another buy.

Of course,If U are able to obtain an excellent "tell" on ALL your opponents,and U are willing to take a "calculated risk",then buy in real big to cover ALL bets.

Pairs go way up in value with this structure,but drawing hands go way down! U will not be able to come in with a discount on ANY drawing hands with this structure. Sitting Bull

05-14-2002, 01:16 PM

05-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Good advice, Larry. Though if you are all playing with large stacks like you advised not to, then I think the drawing hands would be the ones to play with, especially if you have an image of a loose aggressive player and can count on being called for some big bets in the event you hit. I had an awesome night with this game; running into queens full on seventh and knowing that my opponent had a full house of tens, hence taking him for everything in front of him.

05-14-2002, 07:57 PM
You're getting huge implied odds (assuming everyone has lots of chips) so yeah, drawing hands are huge in this game. With anything less than trips, however, I'd probably not go very far into the hand. The goal should be to win a big pot on the river rather than a little pot on the earlier streets. So if i'm on 5th or 6th with only a pair, even aces, I'm probably going to give up unless the stack situation means I won't have to put in a lot of money on 7th.

TRLS