PDA

View Full Version : What happened to PP bad beat jackpot?

krazyace5
10-27-2004, 08:51 AM
I see the post that it is over 400,000 but it is only 4200 on the site and the last winner only won 7,000?

Derek in NYC
10-27-2004, 09:13 AM
My question also. When I went to bed around 11:30 ET yesterday, it was at 450k or so. When I woke up, the JP had been hit. Im told it has been hit 3x since yesterday, which is why the current winner board doesnt match the "big winner". But Im curious who won, what size table, and how much was the BBJ when it hit.

daryn
10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
it's a scam. they pocketed it.

UB Babe
10-27-2004, 09:57 AM
It's been hit twice more since it first hit last night about 2:45am.

PunterSThompson
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I was busy playing 4x bad beat jackpot tables when it hit. It was around the 480k mark, it was won on a 2/4 table (i think one guy was sitting out heh). I do know the nick of the guy who won it but i'll respect his privacy and not name him.

Regards, Puntski

Derek in NYC
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Wow, I had considered playing through the night, but my wife wanted me to go to bed. Now I wish I hadn't! Was it just me, or were the 2/4 tables incredibly fishy? In about 6 hours of multitabling 2 tables, i won over 260 BBs!

krazyace5
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Thats what I thought! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NLfool
10-27-2004, 11:33 AM
why aren't they posting the names of the winner of the big jackpot? I had a handshake deal with a few people that we'd try and play it last night and had 3% of a couple of players. Hmm went to sleep at 12:45 and it was still large approaching 1/2 million.

Rudbaeck
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I had considered playing through the night, but my wife wanted me to go to bed. Now I wish I hadn't! Was it just me, or were the 2/4 tables incredibly fishy? In about 6 hours of multitabling 2 tables, i won over 260 BBs!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are always incredibly fishy when the BBJ is big. Lots of people who regularly play 0.5/1 and 1/2 play them, underbankrolled and scared.

Also an amazing number of people actually believe they have to be in the hand all the way until showdown to receive their part of the BBJ if it is hit. This is a good thing!

Add to that the lure for gamboolers and you can get some juicy tables indeed.

Had one with 8 fish-icons and 1 rock and me the other night, by far the best table I've seen. (Never seen more than 6 fish-icons at one table before, and that was just for a few minutes. This lasted a good hour.)

And most sharks hate the BBJ tables, as they incorrectly figure it to be -EV due to the rather sizeable drop.

namknils
10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the $2/4 tables were very fishy last night, and I loved it. I also contemplated staying up playing 4 tables until the jackpot was hit, but for some reason I went to bed before midnight. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jasonHoldEm
10-27-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And most sharks hate the BBJ tables, as they incorrectly figure it to be -EV due to the rather sizeable drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhhhhhh. (All of you)

KingMedicine
10-27-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damnit all to hell. girlfriend made me go to sleep too.

somehow my pleas of "but the bad beat jackpot is really high" and then when she asked me to explain what that meant and i said "well, you have to get four 8s..." she said that that wont happen and when i continued "...and lose the hand while both you and the other guy play both cards" she just pointed to the room and i put my head down and marched in there.

.damnit.all.to.hell.

liquidboss
10-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Wll I don't know what's wrong with all you guys who's women made you go to bed. My girlfriend told me to come to bed and I told her no. Get that? I said "No, I am not coming to bed now. There are too many bad players trying to hit this jackpot." She wasn't very happy about it but she changed her mind this morning when I told her how much money I won.

Come on guys, who wears the pants here...

MS Sunshine
10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
For those of you who don't know me, I'm not totally whipped like the guy that started this thread. For those that do know Lesley and I you realize that I am that totally whipped.

Boss the only thing funnier than the opening post is yours, if some of us married guys tried your approach.

My girlfriend told me to come to bed and I told her no.

First thing they teach woman at the "Land a man and take control of everthing" school is when a man suddenly gets the courage to directly challenge your commands then it's time get in his face and bitch-slap him into submission. At first they will appear reasonable by suggesting "we" discuss the disagreement. Any attempt to avoid talking the subject to death is met with the power cord being pulled from the back of the computer tower and it taking your side of the bed for a few nights.

Get that? I said "No, I am not coming to bed now. There are too many bad players trying to hit this jackpot."

You say this to your SO and she turns and goes to bed then you really have a problem. She's going to spend a few hours tearfully thinking of how shabbily you treated her then a few hours on how to get back at you. You better hit that jackpot, because that is your only out at this point.

She wasn't very happy about it but she changed her mind this morning when I told her how much money I won.

Ahhhh, you live to have your penis still attached for another day. Enjoy it

Come on guys, who wears the pants here...

It appears that you don't know.

Now, here's how a husband of 12 years handles this:

"My girlfriend told me to come to bed and I told her..."

....that I would love to, but really the only way I'm going to be able to get you that new car you deserve now is if I hit something like this which rarely gets this big. That you should give me the chance of handing you the keys to a 20004 Whatever whose color accents your eyes."

Now most are going to call you on your BS, but if you can hold on to being charming for about 30 more seconds they will toddle off to bed knowing you "love THEM", even if you are basicly full of crap.

MS Sunshine

Baulucky
10-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I won it.

And I'm still miserable.

Homer
10-27-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won it.

And I'm still miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Perhaps our personalities really are similar. While playing last night I was thinking about what life would be like if I won. I realized that I would celebrate for a few minutes, then go back to being miserable.