PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating

Toro
10-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Tailgating at football games has reached an art form in this country. Since football is played only once a week it is more of an event than other sports and fans tend to want to make a day out of it.

So they show up 3, 4 or more hours before the game and have a great party in the parking lot of the stadium. I go to one Patriot's game a year and my group really does this right. A chartered bus takes us to the stadium where we are greeted by the catering company who are already there and have everything set up. There are about 8 round tables that seat 8 with white linen table cloths and a bottle of red and a bottle white wine on each table.

We have Oliva's catering from Milford, the same company that does the post game spread for the Red sox and they do a great job. It starts out with drinks and appetizers off the grill. Sunday we had those chicken things on a stick, scallops wrapped in bacon and sausages. As an added bonus, the tailgaters next to us had this custom panel truck with the interior plushly carpetted and upholstered with a flat screen TV and another flat screen TV mounted to the exterior. They were gracious and invited us to watch the early game while we were noshing.

The dinner was antipasto salad, lobster raviolis, followed by filet mignon and barbequed shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes. Dessert: Banana's Foster on vanilla ice cream. Damn, no wonder I can't lose weight.

I saw a lot of other great tailgate parties there on Sunday and understand this is very popular in other cities. Would be interested in hearing about yours.

BeerMoney
10-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Go to a college football game at a big time Division one school, and you'll see some super tailgating.

The great thing about tailgating is that its like having 6-7 4th of july type holidays each fall..