PDA

View Full Version : Work dilemma . . .

SuitedSixes
10-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Because I am not good enough at poker, I work one full time job and one part time job that is fun but still provides income. 6 weeks ago full time job offered a promotion and 23% pay raise to take effect after my replacement has been hired and trained (6-7 weeks). I would not be able to (or need to) work both jobs anymore so told job #2 that I would not be available in November. Well, November is almost here and no replacement has been hired.

I am thinking of saying that since this has not been my fault that I need to receive the new rate beginning November 1. I am interested in what you all think I should do and how I should go about it.

P.S.
I am willing to quit if this is not handled properly.

goofball
10-27-2004, 04:08 AM
did they say the replacement would be hired immediately?

Pepsquad
10-27-2004, 04:14 AM
That's my question as well. What type of correspondence have you had with your boss regarding the timeframe of the new hire?

SuitedSixes
10-27-2004, 04:44 AM
The manager with whom I worked out the details of the position was fired two weeks ago. He called me and reassured me that my position was still safe, and later the VP of my area called and re-iterated the same thing. Six weeks ago we figured I would be in the position in the first week of November. Up until this week all I heard was "we don't have any qualified applicants." I was sent some resume's earlier this week and I made my recommendations on those, but at this point I am still, at best, seven weeks away from completing training of a replacement.