PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Stud

05-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Hey Everybody...

Did I ever mention that I love playing stud in Connecticut.. I know I have... but let me say it again please.

Mohegan Sun today.. 5-10 game ( I broke my own rules again and played in it.. Glad I did )

I raise with split Aces and (only) get 1 caller.

4th I get another A and do a small bet. Same caller calls.

5th I get another A (giving me quads) I bet $10 and same caller calls.

6th I bet before my next card is even dealt to me and next caller calls right with me.

River.. I bet dark.. Opponent RAISES me after he looks at his last card. I re-raise. He calls and turns over a rivered gutshot 9 high straight.

He is visably upset when he sees my quads.

I'm sure the 'words' of this text don't actually do this story justice. You really just had to be there!!!

Later,

CJ

P.S. - This nice old man dropped over a grand in a 5-10 game while I was there. He had just pulled out some more Ben Franklins as I was leaving. Really wish I didn't have a gig this evening.

05-09-2002, 10:03 AM

05-09-2002, 04:02 PM
This reminds me of a hand at Foxwoods at $1-$5 about 7-8 years ago.

Bring-in to my left for $1, 6 limpers (everybody), I raise to $6 with split Kings, only the bring in folds, 7 players.

4th I pair my Kings for trips, bet $5, 1 folds, 3 call, a 2-flush raises to $10, guy to my right with 2 deuces calls $10 cold, I raise to $15, all call, 6 players. Besides the 2 deuces and the 2-flush, the other 3 all appear to be on medium straight draws as they have each other's cards.

5th I get another King for quads, 3 Kings showing. I thought the hand was over, thought about checking but figured get the hand over with and threw in my $5, 1 folds, other 4 call, 5 players.

6th I bet $5, 2 callers, 2-flush caught a 3rd one and raises (can't have a straight flush), 2 deuces calls $10 cold (with a 3rd deuce in the hole), I make it $15, finally the 2 in between me and the flush fold, flush calls, finally the trip deuces folds.

River I bet, flush calls, I show quads, and, I am not making this up, asks me if I had the whole way.

05-09-2002, 07:26 PM
You guys from up east really make this site worthwhile with your stud stories. Keep 'em coming.