PDA

View Full Version : Two hands and no plan.

DanK
10-27-2004, 01:39 AM
Hey I got two hands here which I felt kind of lost in, and am looking for some feedback.

Both hands live 20-40

Hand one.

Good UTG limps, solid MP calls, loos bad SB completes and I check in the BB with 77.

Flop: 3 6 6 r

I bet, UTG raises, mp folds small blind cold calls. What's my plan for the rest of the hand?

I figured I was ahead of UTG as he would probably raise 88 preflop and I beat 44, 55, and overcards he might have, but when the small blind called too I got afraid he was slowplaying a 6.

Hand 2

This one is very similar, though I wasen't very confident with my choise. 1 poor EP limper, folds to me and I raise on the button with Qs10s. Good player in the big blind calles.

Flop: Qc 9s 6d

I bet, BB raises, EP cold calls. I call.

Turn: Ac

I bet. In retrospect this looks awfull as I'm probably getting called and my hand is not that strong after all. At the same time check calling BB to the end if he keeps betting just doesn't seem right (I can probably fold if EP bets). It looks a bit weak to me, but is this a routine spot to just check fold on the turn?

mtdurham
10-27-2004, 02:31 AM
Hand #2 is a real tough one to guess on because I've never had the opportunity to check/call on the button before... /images/graemlins/confused.gif
did you mean to say you were SB?

I'd three bet the flop in hand one I think...

Nightwish
10-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Hand 1: 3-bet the flop and bet the turn. Don't worry about the SB having a 6 yet. By your own description, he's loose and bad, so there are a lot of hands he would call 2 cold with.

Hand 2: The action here doesn't make sense. You're on the button, so are you saying that everyone checked to you on the turn and you bet? If so, why are you talking about check-folding? The fold part doesn't make any sense to me.

DanK
10-27-2004, 02:43 AM
n/m

mtdurham
10-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Exactly, the small blind could have K10 here for gods sake...

3 bet the flop and bet the turn. put pressure on the initial raiser who is probably holding overcards. If anything you might slow him down on the turn if he has a hand like 10-10.

ShamaLamDingDong
10-27-2004, 07:55 AM
3 bet the flop in both hands. No you should not check fold that turn in the second hand. Since you didn't 3 bet i think betting is fine and fold to a raise. Good chance you are ahead and it is possible you will get someone to fold a better hand since it looks ALOT like you have an A.

SHAMA LAMA...DING DONG!