PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 hand

05-08-2002, 05:08 AM
Here's a hand I played a while ago while visiting California.

6 handed game.

I bring it in w/ (Tc 7h ) 4h, two black Jacks call and two 8's fold.

4th (me) 4hTh

(xx) Jc 6s

(xx) Js4c.

First player who can bet does, next raises. I decide to 3 bet as I thought the second player thought the first was just trying to pick up and the pot and restealing... I thought my raise would get it heads up and I thought my hand might even be best, and I do have a 3 flush and might be able to repn a flush...

next player calls and next caps it. (Ooops) I call.

5th (me) 4hTh4s

(xx) Jc 6sAs

(xx) Js4cx,

I bet and now get raised, the next player cold calls, and I call.

6th (me) 4hTh4s7h

(xx) Jc 6sAsx

(xx) Js4cxx,

(no one caught a pair or anything scary.

I bet next player says flush is good, and calls next player (finally) folds.

I river the last 4 and bet, he calls. (and shows A's and J's).

How did play this hand? A few people they thought a fold on 4th is in order and while you may be able to repn the flushdraw no one is folding in this big of pot...

At the time I thought I played it fine but I hadn't played w/the players very much before and was used to getting more respect in prevvious games Ive played it (ususally my 3 bets were often met w/folds or at worst calls).

I think the 3 bet on 4th practically forces the rest of the hand as I get about 12-1 on my final 4th street call, and after my 5th street bet Im getting 11 1/2 to 1 on the call, and more on 6th.

I wonder if any think the 5 ot 6th st bets are incorrect.

All comments appreciated.

05-08-2002, 10:02 AM
There are two 7h's in your deck. Did you have three pair or two pair and a four-flush on sixth? I would probably release the hand on fourth street. The rest of the hand you played just fine.

05-08-2002, 01:53 PM
with (xx) Jc 6s re-raised,what did U "read" him for??

Sitting Bull

05-08-2002, 02:52 PM
I caught a medium heart on 6th which gave me a flush draw in addition to the two pair i already had.

05-09-2002, 01:02 PM