PDA

View Full Version : Getting bet out of hands

bweiser8311962
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm getting bet out of pots and I'm getting frustrated.

Example. I have a pocket pair, say 3s.

Flop comes 5, 8, 9 ... big bet. I'm talking like 3x pot... Turns out winning hand is A/K.

I have also seen A LOT of big bets with the low pair on the board. Say person holding A/4 ... flop is 4/7/J. Big bet also about 3x pot.

I fold when I don't hit my hand, but I'm starting to think maybe I should start pushing harder in these situations.

Getting very frustrated. I thought I had a pretty good read on Party Poker players. I seem to have regressed the last few days. Hopefully, just a bad stretch.

SmileyEH
10-26-2004, 08:53 PM
calling a 3xpot bet with an underpair is a losing proposition. This is very basic - stop being so results based.

-SmileyEH

Klak
10-26-2004, 09:17 PM
ive found the best way to solve this is by being the one who makes the big bet. if there is a raise before the flop and it comes down rags, you can make the big bet with a middle pair or a hand like AK. anything that has a chance to win unimproved. this is a little dangerous if you dont know what youre doing, so use this advice carefully. learning to be aggressive and to bet with nothing is a hard and expensive lesson, but it really pays off in these tournies when you arent getting the hands/flops that you need.

stripsqueez
10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting bet out of pots and I'm getting frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

come and play the $200 NL SNG's on party - you'll have lots of buddies but not much cash

stripsqueez - chickenhawk