PDA

View Full Version : AK-- Bubble-- SB

wjmooner
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Trying to ante up the aggressiveness on the bubble. Just want to make sure this is a good place to call off my chips with the short stack just trying to survive.

Read is that villian probably wouldn't open raise with nothing, but he has called off 3 huge bets that I can recall with A9, AT, and AQ, so a weaker ace than me seems like a real possibility.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

Button (t4385)
Hero (t1410)
BB (t1665)
UTG (t540)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to t900</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1410 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Button calls t510.

Flop: (t3120) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3120) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3120) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3120

Results: Not that it matters really, but he had JJ and turned the set and I bubble out.

leykis
10-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Standard play. Nothing wrong here.

Phill S
10-26-2004, 06:49 PM
its one of these situations. do you fold out and creep into 3rd then play form there on, or do you chance it and get knocked out in 4th, whilst aiming for 1st.

i usually play the bubble on gut instinct as much as anything, and my gut says you have to call each and everytime and play for the top spot.

folding out could be done by me if i held a weak pair (say 5s or under) or a weak ace (A8 or under) as in these cases your rarely ahead, certainly not enough for my liking. AK means that more often than not your either very ahead (v a smaller ace) or slightly behind (v a pair Q or less).

you made the right analysis, you weighed it up, and you made the only correct descision in my eyes. results are meaningless, this is a winning play.

fortune favours the brave

Phill

SmileyEH
10-26-2004, 07:35 PM
perfectly fine.

-SmileyEH