PDA

View Full Version : IVEY WINS GOLD!

04-30-2002, 05:52 PM
phil ivey captured the golden bracelet for the WSOP stud event!!! He also won his super sattelite for the main event 10,000 NL hold em!!! I think we have found the tiger woods of poker! GL IVEY!!! Bar far the best player in the world, IMHO.

3 2 1

04-30-2002, 09:30 PM
I was there to see it and I was very impressed by his play but you can not just call him the best in the world although without any doubt he is one of the best players. Anyways, I hope that Ivey will do really good in the Big one

Bigstu

04-30-2002, 11:10 PM
bigstu--didn't you say you'd be playing in this year's WSOP stud events? Have you been playing? How have you been doing?

05-01-2002, 03:00 PM
I am not surprised by his win. I saw him destroy a 30-60 Stud game in AC.

A word to the wise, If he sits down at your table, RUN AWAY from him, if you value your bankroll.

Ronin

05-01-2002, 04:17 PM
some interesting "moves" Ivey made at the table??

Name one or two of his predominant strong points.

Thanks to all!

happy pokering.

Sitting Bull

05-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Well I watched him for few minutes here and there and one thing that really stood up was that the guy never stopped bettin once he had the hand or at least it seemed like he has one. Others were just sitting there waiting for the nuts and I do not blame them since I probably would play the same way too if I was playing against the chip leader. I did play 2 tournaments and did not do anything special as I was not even close to the money. I played 75 150 and 40 80 at the mirage but I didnt do any good there either but to be honest the games were pretty tough and it was hard to find a really good game at least to my standard. I guess this is not the best time to visit Vegas unless you go there for the tournaments or to play really big pot limit game

bigstu

05-02-2002, 03:22 AM
the nuts to play in a 30-60 game will be wiped out by the antes--Best not to play at all.

Ivey seemed to have had good control over his opponents.

Seems as if they surrendered the "control edge" to him--probably intimidated by his hugh stack,aggressiveness,and good run of cards.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull