PDA

View Full Version : First hand OESD

Klak
10-26-2004, 03:21 PM
ok first hand of a pacific $8.80 20 man sng. hero is in CO with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

5 limpers to me i call BB raises min and everyone calls.

flop is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

bb opens with a bet of 50. everyone folds to mp3 who calls. i raise to 100 and BB goes all in. mp3 also goes in. is it worth it to call since i have a good chance to tripple since and i can just go join another if anyways?

results:

<font color="white"> turn is 6d river 10d for the amazing runner staright flush. </font>

Fat Nicky
10-26-2004, 03:24 PM
is it worth it to call since i have a good chance to tripple since i can just go join another if anyways?

I close my eyes and call. If you catch, you're in GREAAAAAAT shape for the rest of the tourny. If you lose, like you said, you can just go join another. That's the beauty of a SNG.

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 03:30 PM
I would fold this on the flop.

You say it's an OESD, but really, you have to play this like an Inside Straight Draw. If A Jack hits, you are on the sucker end of a 4-straight on the board. AQ or Qx have you killed. I wouldn't even be counting my Jacks as outs here.

There is also a flush draw on the board. So now your jacks were already tainted, but one of your 6's is tainted to.

So you have 2 clean outs, 1 dirty out vs. 2 all ins already. I gotta think you are way behind, and should be able to pick a better spot to pick up chips.

Klak
10-26-2004, 03:37 PM
good point i didnt think of AQ. this may have been a bad hand to mess with. what if i was pretty sure i had a draw to the nuts with 2 all ins in front of me? would it be worth it to call?

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good point i didnt think of AQ. this may have been a bad hand to mess with. what if i was pretty sure i had a draw to the nuts with 2 all ins in front of me? would it be worth it to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only AQ, but any Q has you beat. KQ, QJ (made straight) even Q2 if someone played it.

If you have a draw to the nuts against 2 all ins, I hope it's not a 2 out draw. I don't see how in this hand you can have a draw to the nuts that you are sure about. Not in the first hand where you don't know the opponents.

If this was the first hand, then all chips are even, so to make a draw to the nuts call make sense, you should be more than a 33% favorite to win the hand 3 ways.

A good example of that could be - you hold K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif on a board of J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Klak
10-26-2004, 04:06 PM
so you dont think a normal nut flush or nut straight draw would be worth it?

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 04:20 PM
I like to avoid coin flips early on. I see either of these as being a coin flip.

Nut Flush with 2 overs, I MIGHT call. Like AQs - on a 964 board - 2 of my suit. but since no one raised, or raised much pre flop , I'd have to think I might be up against A9- reducing my outs here.

Nut straight draw- I am probably ditching this 100% of the time vs. 2 all ins.

- It would have to be a rainbow flop
- my cards would have to be 2 overs (QK on a T9x flop), I would drop 89 on a T7x flop in a second.
- I would probably have to have been drinking.

Why get into coin flips so early? Escpcially when calling them.

tigerite
10-27-2004, 04:53 AM
And why on earth did you raise when last to act? You could have seen the turn for 50 chips!

bweiser8311962
10-27-2004, 05:03 AM
there's a reason the hand you were hodling is called the dummy end of a straight draw ... you have the two lowest cards. and the board already has a straight possibility on there. you got very, very lucky. what hands did you beat?

DCIAce
10-27-2004, 06:59 AM
I think this is about the worst possible line.

On the flop, I'd be between folding/calling.. If for whatever reason, I was willing to commit all my chips here, I'd push myself. Min-raising is the absolute worst possible option.. I've been in MP3s spot quite a bit, and it drives me completely nuts when someone makes a tiny raise with junk to re-open the action, then the original bettor blows out my flush draw or whatever with an all-in.

After the min-raise (someone hits my elbow when I'm trying to hit call or fold and knocks it to where I hit raise instead), I definitely fold to the all-in. MP3 looks like a flush draw, BB either a set/overpair or maybe QJ.

If you're against a Flush draw and a Set, you've got a 16.5% chance to win.. against a Flush Draw w/ a Queen and a Set, you've got a 10% chance to win.. If someone has QJ, you've got a 5% chance (runner-runner flush) to win.

If it were a different board, say 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif .. I'd be more willing to gamble for the triple up, but this is a bad spot to do so.