PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 10-20: Stop stealing my bring-ins

04-29-2002, 02:55 AM
Lately, I've become aggressive, maybe even hyper-aggressive, when I'm the bring-in and a late position player raises after everybody folds to him. If I have any playable hand, I am reraising and betting/raising on 4th and 5th.

Here's an example from a recent 10-20 game which was playing very tight.

The third street boards are:

(Ac,4c)2c

(x,x)7d

(x,x)8c

(x,x)Js

(x,x)2h

(x,x)As

(x,x)9s

(x,x)Qh

I bring it in blind for $3. The next four players fold. The As raises. This player is a well-playing Mirage regular who usually plays 10-20 but will occasionaly sit in the 20-40 game. We've played with each other quite a bit.

The next two players fold.

I've got a playable hand. It's time to make the stealer pay! I reraise and he calls.

The fourth street boards are:

(Ac,4c)2c,4h

(x,x)As,6h

My opponent checks. I bet and he calls.

The fifth street boards are:

(Ac,4c)2c,4h,9c

(x,x)As,6h,Jd

My opponent mucks without even bothering to check. I win the pot.

04-29-2002, 03:01 AM
Sounds pretty straightforward.. A few ways you could have played it, but I like the way you did.

How has that 10-20 game been lately?

Last time I was out there ( In December ) I made a killing in that Mirage 10-20. I didn't want to come home.

Later,

CJ

04-29-2002, 08:45 AM
one thing to think about, and i am sure you know this already,is that if youkeep playing with these guys they are going to pick up on it,and you may end up losing back most of your profit on this play before you even realize it. knowing you i am sure this wont happen but it is a caution for less experienced players.

pat

04-29-2002, 02:33 PM
...sometimes you can be too aggressive against the ante-steal and you end up net-minus for your trouble. The one or 2 times you get the stealer to muck, can be wiped out by a real hand.