PDA

View Full Version : Would You Fold?

04-27-2002, 02:15 AM
Well hello everyone..

Haven't posted in a while, well cause I haven't played cards in over a month. I've been building a new music recording studio in my new house so I have been busy to say the least, anywhoo...

Well I think the poker gods missed me cause on the very first hand of this 1-5 game at the Woods I was dealt rolled aces, something that I hadn't seen in quite some time.

Since this was the first hand, obviously I didn't get a chance to observe anyone's playing characteristics.

6d bring in for a dollar.

I am next to act with (Ad,Ah)As and call $1.

8c calls

Qc makes it $5

10c folds

Qs makes it $10

Ks makes it $15

Back to 6d who folds ( we were 7 handed )

I call (obviously)

8c folds and both queens call

4th

------

(Ad,Ah)As,8d --- ME

(XX)Qc,Kc

(XX)Qs,Js

(XX)Ks,Ac

AK who was original capper of 3rd street bets $5. I raise to $10 now.. KQ re-raises to $15 QJ calls the $15 as does the AK.. action back to me and I cap at $20 and all call.

5th

----

(Ad,Ah)As,8d,Jc --- ME

(XX)Qc,Kc,10d

(XX)Qs,Js,10s

(XX)Ks,Ac,2h

AK2 checks now, I bet $5 and KQ10 raises to $10, QJ10 calls,Ak2 reluctantly folds, I cap at $20 and all call.

6th

(Ad,Ah)As,8d,Jc,2s-ME-- I bet $5

(XX)Qc,Kc,10d,2d--Raised ( again ) to $10

(XX)Qs,Js,10s,9s--now RE-RAISES to $15

What would you do?

Results to follow tommorow sometime.

Hopefully I didn't screw this post up..

Later,

CJ

04-27-2002, 03:37 AM
Ks makes it $15...Back to 6d who folds...I call (obviously)

Since everybody is in a gambling mood, I would reraise right now. Most players won't fold on 3rd street once they've put in a raise. Still, they're drawing very slim so it doesn't hurt to smooth call here.

4th & 5th street played perfectly.

I bet $5...{XX)Qs,Js,10s,9s--now RE-RAISES to $15

Aieeeeyah! Well, at least the Ks is dead. So, you're only drawing dead if he holds the 8s.

In a pot this huge, I definitely call on 6th street.

If I fill-up on the river, I'm checkraising.

If I don't fill-up, I would certainly call one bet in a huge pot and pray.

04-27-2002, 03:52 AM
Dynasty,

Betting was already capped at 3rd when the action got back to me.

In Connecticut it is a 3 raise max, I know out in Vegas where you are it is a 4 raise max. ( It went from $1 to $5 for the first raise, $10 second raise, $15 for third and final raise )

Later,

CJ

04-27-2002, 11:21 AM
there is no way you can fold. the pot is huge and you can easily fill assuming that he has a straight.

pat

04-27-2002, 01:46 PM
When 2 opponents who have been betting heavily catch very scary cards on 5th, you should bet $1 not $5, and if they raise you should just call. Then you should bet $1 again on 6th and on 7th. You don't want to fold trips, but by opening for $1 you save yourself $12 if they cap it and you miss your full house.

Sometimes when you bet just $1 in these situations, the next player will raise just $1 if he/she is drawing, so you would save even more, and you've picked up some information about that player's hand (i.e., it's not a complete hand yet).

TRLS

04-28-2002, 01:46 AM
Pat,

You wrote..

'and you can easily fill assuming that he has a straight'

I don't think I can agree with your choice of words (easily). All of my sidecards have been duplicated elsewhere.. But I do agree with you that the pot is too large to fold.

Thanks,

CJ

04-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Lin,

I was not high on 5th.. It was checked to me and there is no way in hell I am betting $1 with rolled aces with players left to act behind me.

6th, even though an opponent caught a scary board.. I believe I must still bet the max if he is not there yet, he is going to call anyway..

Later,

CJ

04-28-2002, 02:45 AM
I called on 6th, and honestly if I were against an opponent who I KNEW could only raise with a made flush I would have a hard time calling the additional 2 bets, even with the huge pot ( although the pot size alone did make the call relatively easy ) My chances of filling were not that good. I also knew that I had the other opponent beat cause I knew exactly what he had ( hopefully you all do by now also ) and his chances of filling were no better than mine.

River I caught a rag and checked.

Next opponent with (XX)Qc,Kc,10d,2d checked also.

(XX)Qs,Js,10s,9s bets $5 as expected

I of course call the last additional bet, but now the (XX)Qc,Kc,10d,2d RAISES to $10. ( now I am cursing the very poker gods who blessed me with my rolled aces upon my return )

(XX)Qs,Js,10s,9s says something like "Well I guess my straight flush is no good" and FOLDS....

I make one last crying call for $5, turn over my rolled aces and I say "You actually filled your three Kings?"

He says "Nope. Nice Call I was hoping you would fold your rolled aces" as he showed me his three Kings.

Thanks poker gods..

Later,

CJ

Thanks for the responses

P.S. - I made a Boo-Boo in my orginal post concerning 5th street. I should have posted that I re-raised and KQ10 capped. Sorry If this caused confusion.