PDA

View Full Version : Top Straight - with Straight Flush Draw

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Should I be pushing here to maximize the pot and draw and push out other draws here?

I don't have the hand history, but I will try and re-create best as possible.

I have 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I'm in the CO.

Flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I now have the top straight , and OESFD.

This was a .5/1 game, and about 6 of us limped to the flop.

MP opens after the flop for half pot $1.5 (he was loose and liked to bet many flops when checked to him.

1 Fold, LP raised to i think $3 or $4.

What's my move here - call? or pot it?

I have the best hand, a weak flush draw, and a strong straight flush draw. I also have backdoor full house posiblities. Do I want to keep others in the hand? or isolate and maximize?

The 2 players who checked the flop (BB and UTG) are still to act.

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Forgot to mention.

I have about $35, Loose MP has $75, LP raiser has $20

Acesover8s
10-26-2004, 10:53 AM
A hand like a nut straight with non-nut redraws is a hand you want to push hard because you want to end up heads up with the nuts with no redraws for +EV with no possibility of losing. Just calling will frequently put you in a position of having 2 nut-breaking outs and killing the rest of your spades. This is fine if the stacks are MASSIVE however and you're looking to win a monster pot.

Yads
10-26-2004, 11:05 AM
I'll second that you want to push this hand hard because it is very vulnerable. You want to charge people with better flush draws/straight draws a lot of money to outdraw you.

beernutz
10-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Worst nightmare?
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> pokenum -o 6c 7s 7d 8s - 8c 9s as 7c -- 4c 5s 6s
Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 6s 5s 4c
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
8s 7s 6c 7d 57 6.95 330 40.24 433 52.80 0.334
As 9s 8c 7c 330 40.24 57 6.95 433 52.80 0.666 </pre><hr />

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I did Pot it. Was called by the player in MP, and LP.

Turn was an A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I push myself all in, called by both MP, and the LP (He only had a couple $ left)

River is a 6.

MP wins with a full house of 6's over Aces.

He was holding A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Yads
10-26-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did Pot it. Was called by the player in MP, and LP.

Turn was an A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I push myself all in, called by both MP, and the LP (He only had a couple $ left)

River is a 6.

MP wins with a full house of 6's over Aces.

He was holding A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough break, it's too bad he only had a few bucks so he was totally pot commited and had to call. I think there's nothing you can do about it.

Cleveland Guy
10-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks, I'm still learning PLO, so I was trying to see if I played the hand right. It sounds like I did, and just caught a tough break.

I think this is why PLO is one of the most vicious games there is, and why it's so much fun.

ShamaLamDingDong
10-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Pot it for sure.

SHAMA LAMA...DING DONG!