PDA

View Full Version : In What Order Should You Watch Star Wars?

jason1990
10-26-2004, 03:47 AM
In what order should a person who has never seen a Star Wars film watch the six movies?

IV - V - VI - I - II - III or I - II - III - IV - V - VI?

Eihli
10-26-2004, 03:51 AM
i tried watching the 4th yesterday and it sucked.

Dynasty
10-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

I don't know how Lucas duped people into calling Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi by their episode numbers.

daryn
10-26-2004, 04:04 AM
if you have never seen any of them before, i think it would be cool to see them 1-6.

jason1990
10-26-2004, 04:16 AM
If, by "the 4th", you mean The Phantom Menace, I agree. It sucks real bad. But if you mean the original 1977 film, then either there's something seriously wrong with you, or you're a 14 year old girl.

lorinda
10-26-2004, 04:25 AM
I posted this yesterday in the SF thread, however it's more suited here.

Watch the BOTTOM movie on this link, with sound, and you'll save a lot of time if you ever want to watch the phantom menace.... and this is much better anyway.

Star wars - Al Yankovic (http://www.konnektedtwin.com/movievids.htm)

Lori

The Dude
10-26-2004, 04:29 AM
You should almost always watch movies (and read books) in the order they were made. There are character developments and subtleties that are intentionally put into prequels that wont' make sense if you haven't seen the original(s).

Eihli
10-26-2004, 04:36 AM
ok i'm not being fair because i didn't actually watch the whole thing. the reason i say it sucked is because i got bored and fell asleep during it and i don't normally do that in good movies.

i've seen it before so i already know the storyline. the graphics were good for their time, but that doesn't count towards my enjoyment of it today. i didn't like the soundtrack. it was just overall boring and i couldn't find a reason to watch it.

eeeguy
10-26-2004, 06:11 AM
actually episode four is called A New Hope ...there all Star Wars and yes i am a sicko

Duke
10-26-2004, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
actually episode four is called A New Hope ...there all Star Wars and yes i am a sicko

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's spelled "they're."

Actually, it was called Star Wars, and Lucas went back and changed the name to include Episode 4: A New Hope because it became apparent that the second and third films would be made.

To the topic, though, 456123 is the best order because you'll never watch the other 5 if you watch Phantom Menace first.

~D

Neil Stevens
10-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Without Luke, Leia, and Han's bad attitudes, nobody will get into it, right.

Real Jedis are boring people.

Lazymeatball
10-26-2004, 08:45 AM
IV, V, VI, followed by Ewok's Adventure, and Ewok's Adventure 2 if you have nothing else to do. Then just watch the Indiana Jones trilogy instead of those crappy prequels.

challenger84
10-26-2004, 09:18 AM
watch episode's 4, 5 and 6 back to back, then pretend the second (actually first) episodes were never made. Trust me, you'll be happier this way.

2planka
10-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Agreed. Watch SW, Empire, Jedi.

If you're into "Film" watch Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress - the Japanese movie that inspired Lucas to make SW. It's subtitled, black&white, hokey, but still way better than that phantom menace crap.