PDA

View Full Version : My aggresive factor sucks! 15-30 party

hogger
10-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Been trying to get mt AGF up but it has barely moved in last 10k hands vs previous 20k!
I feel that I have had a bad run of cards but I am starting tighter so it shouldn't matter I would think or could a bad run make your AGF look sad?
Here is my numbers, any help would be appreciated and " bet more / raise more", thanks but I already thought of that! LOL
VIP 18
PFR 9
Agflop 1.73
turn 1.53
river 1.41
TOT 1.55

Are these factors brutal low! Also I am barely ahead last 10k hands with these numbers and 2.5 BB/100 ahead with previous 20k hands with very similiar numbers.
Thanks again

1800GAMBLER
10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
No they aren't low.

FWIW, if i checked my stats on you and saw those i'm more likely to peg you as a good player.

hogger
10-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks Gambler for replying!
I read some posts claiming that over 2 AGF was the optimal. I find that it would be hard to get over 2 in the party game without getting out of line. (too many guys in the pot)
What do you think?

TimM
10-26-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that it would be hard to get over 2 in the party game without getting out of line. (too many guys in the pot)

[/ QUOTE ]

By looking at the formula, you can see there are two ways to increase your aggression factors (AF):

1) Bet and raise more in situations where you would normally check or call.

2) Fold more in situations where you would normally call.

If you are really playing correctly for the game in question, both in betting/raising and folding situations, and those are the AFs you get, it's not a problem. But if you don't feel you can add more betting and raising, also look to see if you are maybe making some loose calls post flop.

-----

Now I have a little problem when it comes to interpreting my opponents' AFs.

If someone has an AF I consider too high, is it because they are betting and raising too often, or it is because they are often making bad folds?

If someone has an AF I consider too low, is it because they are often calling with weak hands, or is it because they are often failing to bet and raise their good hands?

I guess the former is much more likely in each case, but it always helps to be able to find those unusual players who can be pushed off decent hands or who tend to be afraid to bet good ones.

dogmeat
10-26-2004, 03:28 PM
I agree with Tim on the AF - the only thing I look at is the PFR, and at 9% you are doing great!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

theghost
10-26-2004, 04:46 PM
The "aggression over 2" target is for an AF calculated without using your preflop aggression score (there is a box you can check/uncheck). Including preflop brings the number down.

Festus22
10-26-2004, 04:59 PM
I'll go against the grain and say you're fairly passive post flop. AF = (Bet + Raise)/Call and I believe this number should be 2 or better on all streets except preflop, i.e. you should be betting and/or raising twice as much as calling. Looking specifically at the river, 1.41 translates to for every 7 times you bet or raise as your first action, you call 5 times. Either you're not value betting enough or calling down too much IMO.

astroglide
10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
1.55 is fine

hogger
10-26-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The "aggression over 2" target is for an AF calculated without using your preflop aggression score (there is a box you can check/uncheck). Including preflop brings the number down.

[/ QUOTE ]
The preflop ag score is off!

hogger
10-26-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll go against the grain and say you're fairly passive post flop. AF = (Bet + Raise)/Call and I believe this number should be 2 or better on all streets except preflop, i.e. you should be betting and/or raising twice as much as calling. Looking specifically at the river, 1.41 translates to for every 7 times you bet or raise as your first action, you call 5 times. Either you're not value betting enough or calling down too much IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Value betting I think is my strongest trait but maybe your right about paying off too much!
Thanks hogger

hogger
10-26-2004, 06:30 PM
One important hand comes to mind AK.
My numbers on showdown go like this for AK offsuit:
went to showdown 49.53
won$ at showdown 61.90
What you think?

Hogger